Desent Mecha Games?

Guyver 0

Great Teacher
I really want a good mech game. one where i can build my own mech.

But i don't know of any good titles. Most of them are pretty medicore.

any suggestions?

You can't build your own Robot but I'd play Transformers for the PS2. Or wait until Activision releases the new Movie Game next Year. Their is also the upcoming Gundam games for the 360 and PS3.

armoured core nexus on ps2 is a good game comes with 2 discs 1 for the actual nexus game and one for old missions and goodies from the older amoured core games, you get to build your own units etc.
although quite a hard game in
places its fun none-the-less!! :)

Mecha games..
I don't think there is that much. From what I can think of there is:

Front Mission 3 (PS1) and 4 (PS2)
Zone of The Enders 1 & 2 (PS2)
MS Saga (Gundam RPG US PS2)
Robot Alchemic Drive (US PS2)
Xenosaga 1 & 2 (even!)

and lots of others that are Japan only, such as Super Robot Taisen and Remote Control Dandy.
________
WEED

Armored Core, Last Raven for Ps2

You can:

Build your own mecha selecting various part
Customize its performance
Paint it
Select between a LOT of weapons\component\options

In the Last Raven chapter you should also able to store reserve weapons in special torso room and enemy can destroy single part of mecha instead of shutting you down...

Armored Core and Chromehounds are the only ones that come to mind which allow you to build up your own mech. But if you just want to play as a mech and not too fussed about the whole building aspect then I suggest you check out Zone of Enders and also the upcoming PS3/360 Gundam game which looks kickass.

I hardly think fighting a robot at the end of the game is worth the time or effort. If that was the case I could list a lot of games that have boss fights against robots; Conker's Bad Fur Day being one of them.

Back