Demon Ororon

Unit 0

Magical Girl
I am really enjoying reading this series at the moment and I recommend it to everyone here.

Its about a girl named Chiaki, who is 15-years old and the daughter of Archangel Michael and a human woman which makes Chiaki a Half-Angel. She finds the body of Ororon and helps him to recover in return Ororon allows Chiaki to make one wish, which she chooses to be that Ororon stays with her forever. However due to Ororon being the youngest son of the Lord Devil many try to asassinate him as well as Chiaki due to her being a half-angel. The action/fight scenes are really good and at times quite gory (even tho it is only rated 13+) as well as this the characters are quite amusing althought some of them are quite strange. The relationship between Chiaki and Ororon is very entertaining to read especially as it begins to develop. The first volume ends with a real cliffhanger.

Here is a preview of the series and if you like the looks of it i deffiantely recommend buying the first volume (of 4). Here is the preview

Demon Ororon is a fantastic series, the bittersweet, love/hate relationship between Ororon and Chiaki is wonderfully done, at the same time touching, macabre and melancholy.

The action is as welcome as it is unexpected, as Unit 0 mentioned it's quite a bloody series, Ororon's a killing machine and as the series goes on plenty of devils show up to test his powers who get splattered in a variety of nasty ways.

I enjoyed this series, a lot, the juxtapostion of styles works wonderfully, a marriage of melancholy romance and bone rattling action all tied up with some of the most original artwork I've ever seen.

I was considering buying this on Saturday actually, but decided against it as the preview i had read a while ago made the page layout appear very packed out, but from what you've said the story sounds pretty good so i might give it a go if i see it there next time i go to Ottakars

I have vol 1-3, just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I was drawn to it by the artwork rather than the story, it was those ultra long/skinny legs :lol:

Back