Death Note Vol.1

Foxstripe

Pokémon Master
I picked this up last night as ive read the hype in magazines and on the net. I did'nt know if I actually would like it, Im moreof an action fan my self. But I thought I'd give it a go.

I popped it into my 360 and away I went...........well what can I say...believe the hype? yes!

If anyone out there is like me who for some reason put this dvd off for while, please dont, its so worth buying, its very entertaining and very gripping. Ive only watched disc 1 so far and I have enjoyed all of it.

I understand its a very commercial anime like Naruto and Bleach but Death Note far surpassed my expectations considering its Manga entertainment rivals.

Very good, pick up a copy if you can, I wont spoil any of the story but im sure you have read enough to know the jist,

9/10!!

Archer112 said:
I was a fan, but I think the story should of ended about 10 or so episodes before it did. :?

by any chance would that be before Near and Mello were introudced?

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:
I was a fan, but I think the story should of ended about 10 or so episodes before it did. :?

In fairness thoug, they did heat the show up a HECK of alot.

Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:

Not really, i can see why somepeople say they are parts of L's personality, but i still think it was at its best when it was just L vs Light, since those two were so evenly matched

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:

Not really, i can see why somepeople say they are parts of L's personality, but i still think it was at its best when it was just L vs Light, since those two were so evenly matched
Yeah, my point exactly. I think that the second arc got faster, but the first arc had almost all of the great moments of the show.

I have 3 episodes left on the 1st vol.

At the moment im routing for "L" as I did'nt like the way Light used that girl to get on the bus with him and get the FBI's agents name, and then he uses the FBI agent himself and kills him!!!! NOT COOL!!!!

But im sure my opinion will chop and change, I love the whole cat and mouse feel at the moment.

It is a good anime in anyones books

Foxstripe said:
I have 3 episodes left on the 1st vol.

At the moment im routing for "L" as I did'nt like the way Light used that girl to get on the bus with him and get the FBI's agents name, and then he uses the FBI agent himself and kills him!!!! NOT COOL!!!!

Really?!? I thought that part was awesome! It really got me into the series after that because it was very well planned :p.

Also, I agree completely on Near and Mello. They were just cover ups for L and trying to be very similar to L, which turned out to be very annoying for me. I thought L was cool, because he was very odd, and strange; But making 2 other clones of him wasn't cool >_<.[/i]

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:

Well maybe you should look at them as individuals instead?? I mean they sped the show up, which was a good thing, some pace, some pressure, it added alot to the show. Anyone who moans about the second arc, well just forget it happened. Rewatch the first arc, and pretend theres no more. In fairness, you'll just realise how vague it leaves the show. L is supposed to be genius, its natural he'd plan for his death and have others ready to take his place. All Near and Mello done were show how great L really was, because even both of them combined only just got to L's level.

Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:

Well maybe you should look at them as individuals instead?? I mean they sped the show up, which was a good thing, some pace, some pressure, it added alot to the show. Anyone who moans about the second arc, well just forget it happened. Rewatch the first arc, and pretend theres no more. In fairness, you'll just realise how vague it leaves the show. L is supposed to be genius, its natural he'd plan for his death and have others ready to take his place. All Near and Mello done were show how great L really was, because even both of them combined only just got to L's level.

Actually i think of them better when i consider them to be manifestations of L's personality...as individuals i want to hurt them more. In some scenes it was almost like Near was suposed to look like he had far surpassed L and this is what i have the problem with. It would of been far better if the two of them alone were about as useful as someone firing a peashooter at a tank. They could pull some helpful hints but not enough to act on, certainly not enough to go "Oh that guy is Kira", yet if they put aside their differences and worked together then they acted as L...Oh and don't worry i'll just only keep to the first arc :p To me its not vague at all, most anime endings leave possibiltes open for what happens next, like Guyver which i was talking to Evanglion Rocks about yesterday

I do have the impression that the second arc was shounen influencing the creators to make the series lat fo a while longer than it shoudl....

I'm waiting for the boxset. My dad grabbed me a DVD of death-note while he was in Japan last time, and I am definitely hooked, but I'll bide my time until the boxset comes out in a few months...

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Archer112 said:

Actually i think of them better when i consider them to be manifestations of L's personality...as individuals i want to hurt them more. In some scenes it was almost like Near was suposed to look like he had far surpassed L and this is what i have the problem with. It would of been far better if the two of them alone were about as useful as someone firing a peashooter at a tank. They could pull some helpful hints but not enough to act on, certainly not enough to go "Oh that guy is Kira", yet if they put aside their differences and worked together then they acted as L...Oh and don't worry i'll just only keep to the first arc :p To me its not vague at all, most anime endings leave possibiltes open for what happens next, like Guyver which i was talking to Evanglion Rocks about yesterday

The problem I have is the ""Oh that guy is Kira"". They knew that L suspected Light of being Kira because they had all the dirt L had uncovered. So that points pretty redundant.

chaos said:
I do have the impression that the second arc was shounen influencing the creators to make the series lat fo a while longer than it shoudl....

That's an intresting thought good thing then it ended when it did in that case otherwise god knows what would of happened if they wanted it to continue.

Spyro201 said:
The problem I have is the ""Oh that guy is Kira"". They knew that L suspected Light of being Kira because they had all the dirt L had uncovered. So that points pretty redundant.

L suspected light, suspected being the key word, Near is pretty much able to figure out that Kira is light too quick, i mean L suspected but wasn't sure by his own admission, Near on the other hand is far too confident for his own good with his skills if the pair was like i suggested above then the second arc would of been more enjoyable

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

L suspected light, suspected being the key word, Near is pretty much able to figure out that Kira is light too quick, i mean L suspected but wasn't sure by his own admission, Near on the other hand is far too confident for his own good with his skills if the pair was like i suggested above then the second arc would of been more enjoyable

But in Death Note 13 it says that L was infact nearly 100% sure that Light was Kira, but just came out with random figures to confuse. Apperntly, if L came out with a percentage he suspected the person alot. Also Near wouldnt have asked L, it would have just said "The Most Likely Suspect it Yagami Light". With a bit of digging, it becomes obvious. When he joined the police and become a detective the amount of people Kira killed increased dramatically even with those not shown to the public.

Ah you see the flaw here is that it said it in Death Note 13 now while the extra information is useful for things like these i was going by the facts stated in he manga (vols 1 - 12) Things like that should of been made clear from the get go though Death Note won't be the only series to have that kind of problem

BlackWolf said:
Ah you see the flaw here is that it said it in Death Note 13 now while the extra information is useful for things like these i was going by the facts stated in he manga (vols 1 - 12) Things like that should of been made clear from the get go though Death Note won't be the only series to have that kind of problem

Its hardly a flaw, its just telling people who didnt realise in the first place thats whats happening. Who couldnt guess that L was very suspcious of Light. Think "Im only 3% suspicious" but yet goes to SO much trouble. It was obvious he knew Light was Kira.

Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:

Its hardly a flaw, its just telling people who didnt realise in the first place thats whats happening. Who couldnt guess that L was very suspcious of Light. Think "Im only 3% suspicious" but yet goes to SO much trouble. It was obvious he knew Light was Kira.

Try telling that to the people who haven't read Death Note 13,as to why he went through so much trouble, it was clear to me that Light was the only viable suspect to be Kira at that point and given the nature of Kira's crimes that's the reason why he couldn't be totally confident it was him

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:

Try telling that to the people who haven't read Death Note 13,as to why he went through so much trouble, it was clear to me that Light was the only viable suspect to be Kira at that point and given the nature of Kira's crimes that's the reason why he couldn't be totally confident it was him

Before I read Death Note 13 I could figure that out though :S

Back