Darker than BLACK - Volume Three RRP (£15.99)

Aion

Time-Traveller
At first I thought HMV had made an error, pricing the final volume of DtB at £9.99 on release. However, are Play also charging less than the usual £12.

Having just looked on Find-DVD, it appears the RRP for the third volume of DtB is £15.99. I'm getting flashbacks to the fourth volume of Death Note. The final volume of Claymore still has the same old RRP of £19.99, so what gives? Could it be that the third volume won't be the last?

Would it be possible for Chaos to question the anti-social head of Manga public relations about if DtB is set to have four and not three volumes?

I rated it 7/10, never getting to the end when it aired.

I don't pay £10 for a single disc release, containing four episodes. I was ready to pay £10-£12 for the double disc releases in order to support Manga and finish the series.

I've checked both HMV and play and they are listing Darker than black V3 & 4 together. Play has it for 12.99

Ok, it doesn't really surprises me. I've checked my copy of DtB and V1/2 ahs 10 eps, so I take V3/4 will have another 10, leaving only 5 eps for that last volume. I just find it odd that they listed it as a double disc at first.

I'll email manga and will check this.

They could have easily done 3 double volume releases of 9,8 and 8 episodes and charged more for the final volume. The 10,10 and 5 episode release would be better and a little cheaper.

The Funimation releases of three & four hold four episodes each. That means, unless Manga go to the trouble of altering the episode count per disc for no reason whatsoever, the second set will have eight episodes - not ten.

As far as I'm aware, Manga haven't ever messed around with the amount of episodes on each disc. They're put discs together in cases, but I don't think they're ever done more of that. The first DtB set has ten episodes because the first two R1 releases have five episodes each.

I'm assuming we'll be at 18/26 (there's also an OVA, taking the total to 26) after the second set. That, according to the R1 releases, leaves two discs. So I'm at a loss as to why the RRP has been lowered, and my only conclusion is that there will be four releases.

Aion said:
http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Darker-Than-Black-Vol5-6/1095421.htm

Well it says vol 5&6 so i am guessing it is just a pricing mistake. Heck, HMV are still listing the first release of Claymore as 3 dvd.

jonboy said:
Aion said:
http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/dvd/Darker-Than-Black-Vol5-6/1095421.htm

Well it says vol 5&6 so i am guessing it is just a pricing mistake. Heck, HMV are still listing the first release of Claymore as 3 dvd.
They call it 5&6, but they only list one disc.
Something is wrong, I've emailed the Manga PR, but no response so far.

Back