Cut price MVM/FUNimation DVDs at Anime-On-Line

harkins said:
I just hope that Funimation's new arrangement will at some point make these series available again. It'd be a terrible shame if such a quality series as Gunslinger Girls became discontinued so soon.

I smell a boxset! Especially if they are doing one for FB when it was a much older release. As for the FMA, I doubt they will destroy those, will probably sell the remains of the stock over to revelation for them to sell instead... I don’t remember MVM having their logo on the DVD or the pre-play. Can anyone confirm?

butch-cassidy said:
harkins said:
I just hope that Funimation's new arrangement will at some point make these series available again. It'd be a terrible shame if such a quality series as Gunslinger Girls became discontinued so soon.

I smell a boxset! Especially if they are doing one for FB when it was a much older release. As for the FMA, I doubt they will destroy those, will probably sell the remains of the stock over to revelation for them to sell instead... I don’t remember MVM having their logo on the DVD or the pre-play. Can anyone confirm?
MVM's name only appeared on the packaging itself and not on the DVD at all for FMA, as far as I remember.

I have to admit, Gunslinger Girl has always looked intriguing, but as I can't handle anything emotional or depressing, I have a 'teeny-weeny' suspicion that i'd end up slitting my wrists before i'd finished watching the first disk. :(

I paid £120 for my set of Kiddy Grade a couple of month ago but as I love the series I don't regret it at all. :D The way I'm looking at it is, as Kiddy Grade seems to be a 'love it or hate it' type of series, the new low price lets anyone that was a bit unsure of it, try it out without loosing a lot of money. :D

As for it having a weak ending, well... lets just say that it was an interesting concept but 'could' have been done better. ( Although that could be said for the series as a whole, :wink: and is my only gripe with it to be honest, - it wasn't utilised to it's fullest potential. Hopefully the second series will sort this though. :D )

Tasker said:
I have to admit, Gunslinger Girl has always looked intriguing, but as I can't handle anything emotional or depressing, I have a 'teeny-weeny' suspicion that i'd end up slitting my wrists before i'd finished watching the first disk. :(

Yes, make sure to avoid Gunslinger then and for the love of God don’t go anywhere near Saikano [She: The Ultimate Weapon] or Kima Ga Nosumi Eien [Rambling Hearts].

Yeah, I bought and watched disk 1 of She, before I knew what it was like, and it's gonna get mighty lonely on it's own without the other two disks to keep it company.

I guess this is one time I 'should' have gone off the picture on the cover. lol

Back