Cut price MVM/FUNimation DVDs at Anime-On-Line

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
As a result of FUNimation's change of UK distributor, MVM have until the end of the year to sell off the remaining stock of their previous FUNimation DVD releases - hence Anime-On-Line are currently running a DVD sale featuring the following cut price MVM/FUNimation DVDs:
  • Blue Gender The Movie - £4.99
  • Gunslinger Girl Volume 2 - £4.99
  • Gunslinger Girl Volume 3 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 1 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 2 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 3 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 4 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 5 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 6 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 7 - £4.99
  • Kiddy Grade Volume 8 - £4.99
  • Lupin The 3rd - Secret Of Twilight Gemini - £4.99
  • Lupin The 3rd - The Pursuit Of Harimao’s Treasure - £4.99
  • Yu Yu Hakusho Volume 1 - £2.99
  • Yu Yu Hakusho Volume 2 - £2.99

A couple weeks ago all of Blue Gender was also in MVM's clearence centre, but looks like it's just the film now. (which I've since ordered - nice to have dual language options this time around!)

Hmm. keep hearing Gunslinger girl is good, but have a sneaking suspicion I may want to slit my wrists by the end. Kiddy grade is a possibility, but hear it has a weak ending (unless sequel helps?)

hopeful_monster said:
Hmm. keep hearing Gunslinger girl is good, but have a sneaking suspicion I may want to slit my wrists by the end. Kiddy grade is a possibility, but hear it has a weak ending (unless sequel helps?)
Well, there is a sequel due to start production soon. The series does stand alone well enough in my opinion and is a good buy at the £40 price tag.

hopeful_monster said:

They're the very two series I'm watching at the moment (and paid normal prices for them) and they are both looking very good so far, especially Gunslinger Girl. Mind you GG is already upsetting me a bit and I've only watched 4 episodes.

So at those prices I'd definitely snap both of them up if I didn't already have them!

Wonder why FMA isn't reduced.... because it's so popular perhaps?

I've ordered all of kiddy grade, and I am tempted by gunslinger girl. I've rented both series before, and they are both great. Gunslinger Girl is easily the better, but since Volume1 is still fullprice, I wont be getting that on the cheap.

harkins said:
Wonder why FMA isn't reduced.... because it's so popular perhaps?
I think it might be because the series is still alive and will continue in the new year. The other titles look like they're about to be put out of production (thought I might be wrong on that).

I have picked up vol 2+3 of gunslinger girl and the blue gender movie. It is a bit annoying that vol 1 of gunslinger girl is not reduced but they may reduce it in the future?

I wouldn't count on a reduction of GSG 1 since any stock they have left after 31st December will have to be destroyed as I understand it. It is quite possible that they have less copies of volume 1 hence haven't got much clearance stock of it. It is still a bargain at £30 for the entire series though. It is about the equivalent price of the 3/4 disc boxsets released by MVM when you consider it...

harkins said:
Gawyn said:
I wouldn't count on a reduction of GSG 1 since any stock they have left after 31st December will have to be destroyed as I understand it.

Sacrilege!!!

Is that really true of all the MVM/Funi stuff?
Shops may still be able to sell it but anything but MVM will no longer be able to distribute, which means that anything on Anime-on-line, which is run by MVM will also have to go. As I stated, this is merely how I understand the situation and it may differ from that.

I just hope that Funimation's new arrangement will at some point make these series available again. It'd be a terrible shame if such a quality series as Gunslinger Girls became discontinued so soon.

Back