Custom Blu Ray Covers Guide and Discussion

If you would like me to do a cover that I haven't got listed don't hesitate to ask as I am more than happy to make a cover for a show I don't persoanlly own.
Ooooh, you're taking requests - I think you've already covered (excuse the punšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø) most favourites I wanted covers of but now I'll have to go back to my collection to see if any others would benefit from your handiwork!

edit: by the way, do watch Lain - excellent show and I've seen it appear in mvm's weekly offers a few times

Ooooh, you're taking requests - I think you've already covered (excuse the punšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø) most favourites I wanted covers of but now I'll have to go back to my collection to see if any others would benefit from your handiwork!

edit: by the way, do watch Lain - excellent show and I've seen it appear in mvm's weekly offers a few times
Yeah, I have been taking cover requests since the first post but only one person asked for one so far. So if you do find one from your collection let me know.

I also want to watch Lain but its time and there is so many other shows I want to watch as well.

Yeah, I have been taking cover requests since the first post but only one person asked for one so far. So if you do find one from your collection let me know.

I also want to watch Lain but its time and there is so many other shows I want to watch as well.
šŸ‘

I sure know what you mean about time - just not enough hours in the dayšŸ˜ž

Stumbled across your thread whilst googling ā€œEvangelion dvd movie insertsā€, made an account to thank you for making all the Evangelion remake movie covers, I absolutely hate that none of them match and now I can correct them and they will look amazing together šŸ˜ thank you again for your hard work.
This is one of the nicest comments I have ever received, the fact you went out of your way to make an account to thank me means a lot. I am glad you like them, maybe one day I will get around to doing the series and two movies.

Nadesico The Movie The Prince of Darkness is finished, no clean cover due to lack of suitable official images. Just finding the regular cover art in a non stretched state or just having its normal colours was almost impossible. I managed to rip this image from some streaming site that had it as a background and even then the image is cropped at the top but its the best I can do. Older, lesser known Anime always have a lack of images, which makes my job slightly harder.

Anyways I am going to start putting the covers in these messages and their respective sections so there are multiple ways to find them. I will be moving onto Shigurui: Death Frenzy unless someone wants me to do a cover for another show.

Nadesico: The Movie - The Prince of Darkness Standard Cover
Martian Successor Nadesico The Prince of Darkness.png

Nadesico: The Movie - The Prince of Darkness No "Full Length Feature"
Martian Successor Nadesico The Prince of Darkness No Full Length Feature.png

Nadesico: The Movie - The Prince of Darkness No Age Rating Logo
Martian Successor Nadesico The Prince of Darkness No Age Rating Logo.png

Last edited:
I am very thankful for you taking the time to make these covers. It's been a very real inspiration and help in attempting to create blu-ray covers of my own using GIMP. Presently I have not printed any of these drafts yet and cannot confirm the sizes are 100% accurate. But I am slowly figuring out the various steps and layouts that work okay. But as I have no experience with graphic design I am struggling with font choices or text size. I'm also uncertain how to make textures at the moment but hopefully that is something I can develop.

Below are some draft designs and if anyone has any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

This was intended to be closer to the volumes of the manga using a colour pages and illustrations made for the original DVD release in Japan. Really not happy with how the text looks yet and I will need a better solution for how to display the technical info for series.
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 19.05.13.png

This one is coming along okay. It's the spine that needs correcting the most and it's missing some key information but luckily Trigun's striking red titles gives me something to build on. I want to make a second version that uses alternate art form the US release that better reflects the look of the movie but so far I think this is alright.
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 17.52.50.png

Back