Current & Upcoming English-localised Manga Artwork

Do you buy all of these volumes yourself, out of interest?

I'm annoyed at how long it's taking Yen Press to release Akame Ga Kill in the UK - surely it'd make sense to release now while the hype for the show is at its peak?

The first volume isn't out until 20th Jan, with volume 2 following in... April! I can only presume they're translating it as they go?

It's the same with Jojos - the first volume came out for Kindle back at the start of September, but volume 2 isn't scheduled until May 2015.

Lutga said:

If you're referring to the dozen amount of manga on the same picture, see here.

If you're referring to whether I buy volumes myself, well I don't prioritise on manga much since they're generally around much longer than anime in some ways.

NormanicGrav said:
Lutga said:

If you're referring to the dozen amount of manga on the same picture, see here.

If you're referring to whether I buy volumes myself, well I don't prioritise on manga much since they're generally around much longer than anime in some ways.

Ahh, nice - that makes sense! Looks like they're well stocked!

SuBLime has just posted the cover for Love Stage!! Vol. 1.

B7fnux7CQAEJ242.jpg

Lutga said:
Do many people buy those mega boxes? Surely anyone hardcore enough to shell out for that kind of thing probably has all the volumes already? And especially in this day and age, shelf space must be tight...

I just bought the Bakuman boxset and would love to get an Attack on Titan boxset if Kodansha did one.

They've done a box of the first 4 volumes of AoT and I think they might've done one for 5-8. They've also done one with the first volumes of each of the spinoffs.

Teaser for the upcoming Battle Tendency Volume 1 Viz Media will be bringing out this year. This is a poster image so it's not the final art (the final art will have the Battle Tendency name included).

10277605_10153473424268552_2946261457293039672_n.jpg

One Peace Books will soon be releasing the first volume of the Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (The Rising of the Shield Hero) light novel. The story's premise has caught my interest and I'm pleased to see it's getting released in legal form. A manga version has also been licensed by the same company.

81lAIPP2XkL.jpg
81Llhk9BPsL.jpg

Plot synposis:
Iwatani Naofumi was summoned into a parallel world along with 3 other people to become the world's Heroes. Each of the heroes respectively equipped with their own legendary equipment when summoned, Naofumi received the Legendary Shield as his weapon. Due to Naofumi's lack of charisma and experience he's labeled as the weakest, only to end up betrayed, falsely accused, and robbed by on the third day of adventure. Shunned by everyone from the king to peasants, Naofumi's thoughts were filled with nothing but vengeance and hatred. Thus, his destiny in a parallel World begins...

Volume 1 will be available on September 15th 2015.
Volume 2 will be available on October 20th 2015.

The official artwork for The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Novel 1: Dawn, getting a release for the first time in English next year.

91F8XFgC3CL.jpg

Back