curiosity killed the cat

Hyaku said:
Pomtry said:
Cowboy bebop seriously depressed me everyone was saying what a great anime blah blah blah but it was ****.

Me saying this probably going to get me in trouble with a lot of you isnt it :lol:

WITCHCRAFT! WITCHCRAFT! :lol:

Boo Hisss

Evangelion was aweful, watched a bit of it and ended up switching over to coronation street (yes thats how bad I think it is I actually watched a soap opera rather than anime)

McIcy said:
Evangelion was aweful, watched a bit of it and ended up switching over to coronation street
Probably because you saw the more colorful child-friendly version, Eureka Seven.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Eureka Seven = Eva for Kids.
Really, it is. I made me nephew [who's 10] watch all of NGE with me a while ago and he didn't like it, watched Eureka Seven and loved it. Proof enough.

I was just depressed all week when I watch Rumbling hearts and it just hurts but not too stupid to be suicidal... also when Yuffie did the mass murder...

But mostly, I'm totally depressed and want to kill the animators if I get discontented with the show like when there should be another season or you just want to know what will happen next... but animating is laborious and something to do with their budget so I just let go by watching another show... sigh.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that I get quite depressed after watching pretty much any anime series all the way through, just at the notion that it's over.

Not to say I'd ever kill myself over it, but there are a few hours where I just really don't feel like speaking to anyone.

Do I really have to answer this one as it should be obvious by now. :wink:

Oh go on then, one more time...

Chrono Crusade. It had me blubbing like a baby, and thanks to the meigrain medication I'd just switched over to at the time, combined with the fact that I suffer from really bad depression anyway, my head was in a very dark place for about a week. :? ( And yes, suicide was a possibility during that time. :( )

Xelis said:
and Rahxephon = Eva without; screaming emo kids, character development, realistic human relationships, a sensical plot or any attempt to explore real themes

That's better.

hopeful_monster said:
Ark said:
Xelis said:
and Eva = Rahxephon without realistic sane characters, character development, realistic human relationships, love, a sensical plot or any attempt to explore real themes

That's better.
Even better.

That's nice but the problem is what I asserted is true and what you asserted isn't. If I wasn't being serious I could have said anything like RahXephon lacks good animation and has no action scenes. Though I'd agree that Eva has no "love" in the RahXephon conception of love but I see that as a pretty good thing.

Ark said:
That's nice but the problem is what I asserted is true and what you asserted isn't. If I wasn't being serious I could have said anything like RahXephon lacks good animation and has no action scenes.
Look, we will never agree on this, oh nemesis of mine. You cannot prove that Eva is a superior series to me any more than i can prove evolution to a creationist.

Back on topic... well kinda Area 88 After watching the trailer for the final episode was so put on edge by what was shown had to go out and get it instantly, (well next day, but had a sleepless night wondering what was going to happen). And although not anime Silent Hill Lisa Garland's realisation of the truth had me depressed for days (also gave me nightmares)

Last edited by a moderator:
hopeful_monster said:
Look, we will never agree on this, oh nemesis of mine. You cannot prove that Eva is a superior series to me any more than i can prove evolution to a creationist.

1) I'm not trying to prove that Eva is superior to Rah. I stopped playing that game a while ago. It's not about what anyone likes or dislikes. I'm saying if people want to critisize Eva (with real or make believe criticisms) they should probably recognise RahXephon's flaws as well.

2) By comparing your position to a creationist you're implying that your defence of RahXephon is irrational and based on blind certainty.

Back