Crunchyroll Ranks Fall 2010 Simulcasts by Popularity

SuzakuviaBritannia

Completely Average High School Student
On Tuesday morning, Crunchyroll Vice President of Licensing Rob Pereyda ranked Crunchyroll's Fall 2010 simulcasts in order of popularity on the site. The ranking is as follows:

The World God Only Knows
Otome Yōkai Zakuro
Sora no Otoshimono: Forte
Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector
Fortune Arterial
Squid Girl
Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Tegami Bachi Reverse
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

Pereyda also commented that Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector "may be the surprise hit of the season," and that part of the reason for its popularity was that Crunchyroll has the world-wide license for the series. Although no specific viewing numbers were cited in any of the tweets, Pereyda said that the "baseline level of hits" for this season is comparable to the top levels in previous seasons.

Once it becomes available to non-subscribers, let us hope that Tantei Opera Milky Holmes begins to enjoy a larger viewership. If nothing else, such a happening would annoy the numerous critics who consider themsevles of a refined class.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Reaper gI said:
Panty and Stocking is age restricted (so non-members can't see it) and it doesn't have worldwide rights
Aww, those poor deprived people, crunchy need to fix this.
No, a million times no! Crunchyroll might be a hive of scum and villainy but they don't need to be kown as the guys who what let some (hypothetical) kid watch sexed up power puff girls.

kinda harsh calling them scum and villany, things may of happened before but they cleaned up and are doing things right and are just doing what other streaming sites are doing aroudn the world, unlike Hulu which is region locked Crunchy gets it around the world especially when Downloading anime can get you arrested in fined, id rather pay a few bucks a month over getting in trouble.

As for them restricting things better safe than sorry thats for sure.

Plugging crunchyroll much, SB?

So they weren't bothered about selling other people's work for their own profit, but they are bothered about kids viewing 'unsuitable' material? Interesting set of morals you got there guys.

ayase said:

So they weren't bothered about selling other people's work for their own profit, but they are bothered about kids viewing 'unsuitable' material? Interesting set of morals you got there guys.
They operated a youtube clone (with DDL and social network features), in the same way youtube did (removal on C&D). Japan just doesn't C&D as much so the content stayed up.
Showing minors material classed as unsuitable is illegal, not mearly unlawful. The worst thing that can happen with IP infringement is being sued so much you go bankrupt. With showing adult content to minors it's gaol time, sex offeners register etc.

ayase said:

last i checked, streaming anime isn't selling it

downloading onto a dvd and putting it on ebay is selling it ;)

ayase said:

plugging possibly, but I would also plug sites like funimation, Aniplex, Hulu, and so on but I see it better than torrenting the animes which itself causes companies to lose money after all the hard work that goes into creating, distributing anime, hiring voice actors, not to mention with all the cracking down on dling anything is becoming very serious.

I don't go around saying everyone should go buy Crunchyroll premium accounts since you can watch the series for free after a week, but over torrenting I just share the love of anime. I realize regardless CR has to pay a fee to get the series and after a week you watch the anime free which goes to there number counters which also brings in more animes, you realize so many fansub companies are closing as well as opening but I think about it overall.

Do you understand the concept of 'The Past' Ryo?

I get that things are different now, but I won't ever forget that while the industry was decrying fansubs, they climbed into bed with one of the biggest offenders who were not only violating their copyright but charging people to view work which wasn't theirs. If anything ever made me want to torrent, it's that decision by the industry to actually reward people for doing exactly what they claimed was destroying their business.

That is all.

I don't know whether to call it bone-headedness or just jealousy, but if you can't see that CR's existance carries nothing other than potential benefit for the industry then I don't know what to say. You know that companies like Microsoft give ex-hackers jobs working on their security stuff?

Rather than the concept of "the past" (the relevance of which has been debated on more than one occasion by minds far greater than you or I) I prefer the concept of "the ends" justifying "the means".

I'll just continue to not give a toss about streams when helpful people are more than willing to provide high quality downloads. As long as I buy the good **** when the good **** gets released, I feel like a good person, and that's all that matters.

It's entertaining to see you lot so passionate about irrelevance, though. Please carry on arguing for a streaming site that started out illegally and arguing against the same streaming site, now it's all legal. Pointlessness at least has worth for idle observers.

ayase said:
Do you understand the concept of 'The Past' Ryo?

yes and the past is exactly how it would it should stay, in the past

or would you like to admit most brits are pirates cause we spend our time robbing Spanish galleon in the 16th-19th century ;)

Back