UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I dunno, I feel like your entire purchased digital library just going away is also pretty big. And hopefully a wake-up call to those not already aware that digital is a rental whether you 'buy' or stream.
Yeah them nuking the digital library is a big deal but I think I'd pretty much written it off after 2 years ago when they didn't transfer over to the Crunchyroll app.
I don't think it'd annoy me as much if it wasn't literally the same company, Sony!!
Obviously they got in a lot of crap recently for saying they were gonna delete peoples digital shows but then had to backtrack.

I am kind of annoyed by the fact they are scrapping digital copies entirely, not even transferring of old copies you already had. Since I had quite a few from Blu Rays I had bought, some of the codes I hadn't even activated yet. Then they slap us with jacking up the price, Its like "Yeah we swallowed our biggest competition we had and now we have market monopoly, we can do as we please". I am just glad I never sold any of those Blu Rays I got digital copies for, I am sure a couple of people are regretting that now.
Yep, this is why I often point out that it would be bad if Sony acquires Sentai & Hidive. They'd then have total monopoly to dictate what content gets licensed to streaming & physical releases and their prices.

Seems we may be getting the following titles.

• The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World
  • The Ice Guy and his Cool Female Colleague
  • KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Season 3) (Limited Edition)
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out (Season 2) (Limited Edition)

Seems we may be getting the following titles.

• The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World
  • The Ice Guy and his Cool Female Colleague
  • KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Season 3) (Limited Edition)
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out
  • Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out (Season 2) (Limited Edition)

Loved ice guy
Day one purchase

Noticed the blu ray release of Chillin' In My 30's lists it with a dub (Amazon & AL) even though there isn't one on the Crunchyroll app? A mistake or they'll be dropping a complete dub soon.
Screenshot_20240210_141719_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20240210_141752_Chrome.jpg

A few things on my Funi watchlist are not yet on CR (e.g. KOn, Bakemonogatari, Clannad)

If they don’t get migrated I’m assuming SOL as it doesn’t look like I can sign up for Funi Premium anymore?

Yeah they started the process of merging funumation accounts with crunchyroll, as when i logged into crunchy I had the one time choice of how i wanted to merge them.

But yeah there also missing English Dubs from some on crunchy roll too, Fairy tail being the one I've always noticed as them not porting over, but I'm sure there is more, especially with cruncy system of any Dub gives it the dub tag even if it say Hindi/Italian/ect can make it hard to check if there is an english dub sometimes.

They did mention somewhere any funimation sub that lapse over will be transfered too a crunchy sub, but no idea if you can still funimation sub or not.

Trying to source alternatives for myself for some Funi titles not yet transferred to CR

• Did Haruhi ever get that long rumoured blu ray release in UK? Seemed to be lots of talk about a blu ray set happening at one point and then nothing?
  • I can see CEX store page for blu ray set of K On but no one seems to be selling it anywhere I can find, is it rare?

Last edited:
Trying to source alternatives for myself for some Funi titles not yet transferred to CR

• Did Haruhi ever get that long rumoured blu ray release in UK? Seemed to be lots of talk about a blu ray set happening at one point and then nothing?
  • I can see CEX store page for blu ray set of K On but no one seems to be selling it anywhere I can find, is it rare?

Haruhi never ended up having a bluray release in the UK sadly.

The US bluray containing Season 1 and 2 is region free according to this forum's region locked or not thread -

I have a copy myself and it works.

With K-ON! it was a limited edition set only and the original copies that got sent out had a problem on one of the discs where we had to send them back and get a replacement. Not sure how much of that original print run got sent out to retailers but the likes of AOL did returns and replacements.

Crunchyroll UK did list an upcoming standard edition not to long ago but that got cancelled, unknown as to why, possibly they don't own the license anymore or it expired as well as the fact they don't focus on non-Crunchyroll / Funimation titles anymore.

Crunchyroll US May releases:

5/7 KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/7 Mob Psycho 100 III Season 3 (Blu-ray + DVD) - Limited Edition
5/7 The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/7 One Piece Season 13 Voyage 7 (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/7 One Piece Collection 34 (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/14 KONOSUBA - An Explosion on This Wonderful World! The Complete Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/14 Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Season 2 (Blu-ray)
5/14 The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/14 Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 (Blu-ray + DVD) - Limited Edition
5/21 A Galaxy Next Door The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/21 Dead Mount Death Play Part 1 (Blu-ray)
5/21 Dr. STONE NEW WORLD Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray + DVD)
5/21 Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/28 BLUE LOCK Part 2 (Blu-ray + DVD)
5/28 My Home Hero The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

Saving 80,000 Gold, Dead Mount Death Play, KamiKatsu and The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World are all multi language releases, expect those over here.

Saving 80,000 Gold, Dead Mount Death Play, KamiKatsu and The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World are all multi language releases, expect those over here.
Saving 80,000 Gold and Dead Mount Death Play are confirmed for UK release as they passed BBFC certification today.

Iceblade Sorcerer and KamiKatsu are scheduled for release here in June.

Crunchyroll US May releases:

5/7 KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/7 Mob Psycho 100 III Season 3 (Blu-ray + DVD) - Limited Edition
5/7 The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/7 One Piece Season 13 Voyage 7 (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/7 One Piece Collection 34 (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/14 KONOSUBA - An Explosion on This Wonderful World! The Complete Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
5/14 Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! Season 2 (Blu-ray)
5/14 The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/14 Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 (Blu-ray + DVD) - Limited Edition
5/21 A Galaxy Next Door The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/21 Dead Mount Death Play Part 1 (Blu-ray)
5/21 Dr. STONE NEW WORLD Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray + DVD)
5/21 Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
5/28 BLUE LOCK Part 2 (Blu-ray + DVD)
5/28 My Home Hero The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

Largest amount of new release announcements in a while. A shame KonoSuba! Explosion isn't getting a LE, thought there would be a good chance Blue Lock would as well. I assume Dr. Stone S3 Part 2 will include a LE though.

Largest amount of new release announcements in a while. A shame KonoSuba! Explosion isn't getting a LE, thought there would be a good chance Blue Lock would as well. I assume Dr. Stone S3 Part 2 will include a LE though.
Crunchyroll have been transitioning their home video distribution to Sonys in the US throughout Q1 and is scheduled to be completed in April. Their output until then is at a reduced level.

Just for the record: Crunchyroll US had no April releases, due to a change with their distribution - so whilest I appreciate that we get a larger load than usual in May, half of them could be just delayed April releases.

Back