UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Will be seeing Super Hero later. After getting used to neither of the 2 local cinemas carrying anime movies (most theatrical anime I've seen has been London press screenings or personal treks out of town) it's great to see both are showing this and with a choice of dub and sub. I'd guess with the popularity of Dragon Ball, COVID slump and streaming wars cinemas are desperate for anything that might sell tickets?

Either way, UK promotion for this film has been dire. It's almost entirely been fan word of mouth promoting it.

Seeing it myself tomorrow but I agree that the marketing has unfortunately been terrible, a bunch of people I know had no clue there was a movie coming out, they're not die hard fans but fans nonetheless.

Will be seeing Super Hero later. After getting used to neither of the 2 local cinemas carrying anime movies (most theatrical anime I've seen has been London press screenings or personal treks out of town) it's great to see both are showing this and with a choice of dub and sub. I'd guess with the popularity of Dragon Ball, COVID slump and streaming wars cinemas are desperate for anything that might sell tickets?

Either way, UK promotion for this film has been dire. It's almost entirely been fan word of mouth promoting it.
And today Cineworld announce bankruptcy.

I always seem to be right about nasty stuff.

Sony/Crunchyroll arrrrre already buying it different areas for anime expansion, they might as well go all in on a Cinema chain 😂
Someone can't correct me if this has changed but back when I was a manager for Odeon movie studios weren't allowed to own cinema chains (which is why Paramount had to sell UCI back in the day).

Just saw dragon ball super hero, pretty much your regular dragon ball film though I don't know how I feel about the animation.

Last edited:
Just saw dragon ball super hero, pretty much your regular dragon ball film though I don't know how I feel about the animation. Also am I the only one thinking that elements of ??? have been ripped off of shin godzilla?

I know it's been plastered online by fans and forgive me if it has been officially revealed but I'd maybe remove the spoiler part at the end in case some people have been fortunate enough to not come across it, don't want to come off as rude or anything but thought I'd mention it.

Ssss.Dynazenon: The Complete Season

Just seen ssss.dynazenon on zaavi and it doesn't say whether this is a pre-order - does anyone know if this is a UK release?

Also, on funimation releases does anyone know if Higurashi gou will be getting a UK release? Ta.

Looks like it's the US release to me. The region says it's A/B and the certificate says NR (Not Rated), which would be illegal if it was the UK release because of the bbfc.

As for Higurashi Gou, it's possible it could get a release, but I highly doubt it. The US release is also region B compatible.

Last edited:
Looks like it's the US release to me. The region says it's A/B and the certificate says NR (Not Rated), which would be illegal if it was the UK release because of the bbfc.

As for Higurashi Gou, it's possible it could get a release, but I highly doubt it. The US release is also region B compatible.
Thanks the info, much appreciated. I can now add both of those to my import plans then instead, especially as I was holding off and expecting Higurashi to be popular enough to come across the pond.

Such a shame that SSSS DYNAZENON didn't get a UK release given we got Gridman.
I ended up importing it alongside Kageki Shoujo.

I hope they go back to their catalogue and release it eventually.

Back