UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

But the disc has the AUS certificate and is the same artwork just smaller so I thought it was different so I’m suggesting it’s a madman author. As AL just copied the disc arts from AoA directly iirc and plonked the BBFC logo at the bottom.
Then again AOL has it at £48 so maybe it is an AoA set.

But the disc has the AUS certificate and is the same artwork just smaller so I thought it was different so I’m suggesting it’s a madman author. As AL just copied the disc arts from AoA directly iirc and plonked the BBFC logo at the bottom.
Then again AOL has it at £48 so maybe it is an AoA set.
Hmm maybe? Madman has it up for pre-order as well for an April release but I can't find a Limited Edition from them?

Interesting new stuff, some immediate pickups for sure.

Dr Stone Season 2 being standard only AND £49.99 RRP is unfortunate, particularly when you look at the other popular (may not be in reality though in this market) shonen stuff they are selling for less that are also new, it seems odd.

UK getting Hinamatsuri finally is good news, now the quest for demi-chan, keijo, (maybe) luluco, and Dagashi over here begins

sorry chio, i prefer the US import because it has a fake videogame cover with the fake ESRB rating and no BBFC rating in sight

as for one piece, it's nice they're releasing the series on BD over here now but it would be nice if these bigger series had some cheaper way for those of us who want to get into it but never started

whilst it is possible to get all 25 collections released over here so far, they're £20+ a pop, up til 13 are in PAL and ofcourse they're on DVD as opposed to a SD blu-ray which would probably take up less space
don't let me get started on the whole BD release but it's a dvd case thing on these newer releases

i also wish funi didn't tweet so much crap that i could put them back on twitter notifications and see these monthly announcements as they happen
Shame Hinamatsuri never got more than the one season.

If Funi is doing Demon Slayer movie then we can assume that All the Anime won't be doing them anymore right?
probably a long shot but there's still a chance of season 2 since the manga has finished now, the anime adapted up to vol 9 and it would've been somewhere between vol 11-12 when production started on the anime, we eventually got a devil is a part timer s2 so

as for one piece, it's nice they're releasing the series on BD over here now but it would be nice if these bigger series had some cheaper way for those of us who want to get into it but never started
I'm not sure those One Piece sets (26 & 27 collections) are the combo ones. Sure, the temp art is from the US releases, but Anime-on-line lists them as DVDs and no mention of blu-ray at all.

Looks like alot of the titles mentioned yeasterday in there announcement are up on zavvi site (got a zavvi/funimation email blast):

So looks like they are still going with season 4 of black clover. Also 2 versions standard & limited edition with ridge art box and art book, also 6 discs so should be a full season. The LE price seem pretty good for funimation titles, but the visuals don't line up and its still zavvi (so kinda feels like a gamble)

But the prices of them were probably more than I was hoping for, but unfortunatly not too much of a surprise as they had been pushing in that direction

Are Funi goingto do what they do in the US

Standard and CE releases followed by a SAVE edition a year or so after?
I think they are more going for just CE's (if its cost effective of course) and standards. Our standard editions are more like thier essentials range, with their essentails range being Blu-ray and digital and no slip covers.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if they do SAVE editions any more for new titles (or it's been a while since I noticed any). SAVE edition were mainly Blu-rays and DVD's I don't think really appeal to too many people any more & maybe the consider CE to be doing that job.

Looks like alot of the titles mentioned yeasterday in there announcement are up on zavvi site (got a zavvi/funimation email blast):

So looks like they are still going with season 4 of black clover. Also 2 versions standard & limited edition with ridge art box and art book, also 6 discs so should be a full season. The LE price seem pretty good for funimation titles, but the visuals don't line up and its still zavvi (so kinda feels like a gamble)

But the prices of them were probably more than I was hoping for, but unfortunatly not too much of a surprise as they had been pushing in that direction
It's definitely season 4 of Black Clover, the cover is the key artwork for that season.

Funimation discontinued the S.A.V.E. product line in late 2017. Essentials replace S.A.V.E., but include digital copies instead of DVDs.

The average regular sale price for S.A.V.E. or Essentials releases with ~12 eps is $22, so with UK tax added like £20. Whilest the regular price for UK standard editions is higher, it's not uncommon to get older UK releases for even less than this during sales.

I'm glad SAVE is gone. I like affordable releases and I'm not bothered about fancy packaging, but that SAVE branding looked awful.

Essentials is fine for me - I've got no issue with a small grey banner on the front of the box.

The name is a bit generous though - there's absolutely nothing "essential" about stuff like We Without Wings, Danganronpa: The Animation or Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero 😅

Funimation UK, please license Sound! Euphonium Season 2 and the Liz and the Blue Bird movie.
Probably best to make this request through their social channels like Twitter. Unlike MVM and AL I don't think they have any representative on the forum.

I'm pretty sure it didn't do too well for AL anyway so I think it'll be unlikely that Funimation will rescue the series

Back