UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I still have the old one because I didn't trust Funi not to go to a standard release directly and I don't even know if I will even try to get any kind of replacement
I have the old one but I ordered the new one. I am gonna keep the old one just in case the new one's box arrives damaged etc. I also wanted to make sure that I will 100% get the new one since I don't know if they will automatically send me a replacement for the old one if I were to send it back.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I bought the K-ON! BD set from MVM (anime-on-line). I think it's still sealed as I didn't open it after hearing about the disc issues. Could I send it back to MVM to be replaced with the new version or is there no real policy around this yet?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I bought the K-ON! BD set from MVM (anime-on-line). I think it's still sealed as I didn't open it after hearing about the disc issues. Could I send it back to MVM to be replaced with the new version or is there no real policy around this yet?
Yeah if you send them an email they'll give you their return address.

Yeah if you send them an email they'll give you their return address.
Yes, sent my set back in October, and received confirmation they received it. Just waiting for them to send out the replacement set now...

Screenshot_20211115-124001_Amazon Shopping.jpg
According to Amazon Black Clover season 3 part 5 comes with an artwork. I've emailed United Publications to ask if their one they have has an artwork.

[EDIT] UP1 got back to me to say only the US version comes artbook, but the above one on Amazon is for a release date of 22nd November which is the release date for the UK release.

Last edited:
Yes, sent my set back in October, and received confirmation they received it. Just waiting for them to send out the replacement set now...

how did they sent you confirmation, was it by email? I also sent mine back and haven't heard anything from them since.

how did they sent you confirmation, was it by email? I also sent mine back and haven't heard anything from them since.

You have to order the reworked release yourself, sadly they won't send replacements or send the reworked release to you automatically
I ordered via Anime Online and asked for confirmation of the receipt of my return which arrived via email. I asked for an exchange, so it should be sent out automatically...

View attachment 21640
According to Amazon Black Clover season 3 part 5 comes with an artwork. I've emailed United Publications to ask if their one they have has an artwork.

[EDIT] UP1 got back to me to say only the US version comes artbook, but the above one on Amazon is for a release date of 22nd November which is the release date for the UK release.
Yeah Funimation at the very last second dedicated to make a new listing for the artbook version, so all of the listings that were available for ages is only the standard edition hence UP1's response. The Artbook version's SRP is £49.99.

Yeah Funimation at the very last second dedicated to make a new listing for the artbook version, so all of the listings that were available for ages is only the standard edition hence UP1's response. The Artbook version's SRP is £49.99.
Like it really matters, I think we all know, seeing as it mirrors a US release, that only like 5 copies of the Artbook release will make it's way over to us filthy european peasants, with pretty much every pre-order for them cancelled, but not until after the release date...

Like it really matters, I think we all know, seeing as it mirrors a US release, that only like 5 copies of the Artbook release will make it's way over to us filthy european peasants, with pretty much every pre-order for them cancelled, but not until after the release date...
5 copies is probably 4 copies too much, only 1 copy will somehow come across to Europe and drawn at random. 😅

Urgh I'm not sure if I import the LE for the Attack on titan final season from the US or risk it with waiting for the UK release. Funimation UK have completely shattered any confidence I have in them, and not sure if I want to risk it

Up to you, but I'd imagine it'll make it's way over in LE form. Reading reports today that Hyouka and Nichijou LEs (seems that was incorrect there, a little early for that) were being dispatched, though, of course, those aren't shared releases. I don't think Attack on Titan will be skipped.

Last edited:
Up to you, but I'd imagine it'll make it's way over in LE form. Reading reports today that Hyouka and Nichijou LEs were being dispatched, though, of course, those aren't shared releases. I don't think Attack on Titan will be skipped.
In fairness to Hyouka and Nichijou, there LEs won't be released in the US, so don't share any thing in terms of materials, whereas AoT will and as we've witnessed they don't tend to either be released at all or in very small quantities.

In fairness to Hyouka and Nichijou, there LEs won't be released in the US, so don't share any thing in terms of materials, whereas AoT will and as we've witnessed they don't tend to either be released at all or in very small quantities.
I'd imagine it'll be the first big test after the number of sustained mess ups recently in that regard.

Received my copy of Goblins Crown today which came with a slipcover. So either Funimation did the second print run with the slipcover, which if they did - props to them. Or Amazon sent some stock back.

Back