UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Super surprised on Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle, didn't think FuniUK would release that, a definite must-buy.

Attack on Titan S4 LE I'll get of course (though never got the S3 LE's, hoping to track those down for a decent price someday).

Isekai Quartet I adore, so both seasons of that I'd like to get.

I have the AL standards of Yona of the Dawn though I'd be open to upgrading to the LE, but I still have higher priority recent LE's to get from FuniUK such as Death Parade, Hyouka, Akito and MHA S4... and hopefully tracking down some of their OOP LE's such as AoT S3.

Pricing via RRP seems to have gone up on AoL for those so, subject to changes, they are as follows (RRP of course so factor in the 20%/25%/45%/etc discount)

Attack On Titan The Final Season Part 1: Blu-ray Standard (£39.99) LE (£79.99) DVD standard (£29.99)
By The Grace of the Gods (£39.99)
Dr Stone Season 1: Blu-ray (£49.99), DVD (£39.99)
Isekai Quartet Season 1 (£24.99)
Isekai Quartet Season 2 (£24.99)
Log Horizon Season 3 (£44.99)
My Hero Academia Season 4: Blu-ray (£49.99), DVD (£39.99)
Robotech Part 3 (£49.99)
Sleepy Princess (£44.99)
Yona of the Dawn: Standard (£49.99) LE (£69.99)
Yu Yu Hakasho Season 4 (£39.99)

Playing devil's advocate you really can't give them crap for it when Anime Limited have been doing it for years and people let it slide 🤷‍♂️

Before the clap back of 'no they don't' go take a look at their Gundam Standard SRP's 😉
To play... err... Angel's advocate? I don't buy the AL standard editoins when they are overpriced either lol.

But I see your point :)

Sleepy Princess
zPcfexY.png

OBPsClU.png

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how cruel the glue dots are on the back of Funi UK's Akito the Exiled limited edition? I just got my copy and would like to know what to expect. 😬

Hi, folks. Can anyone tell me how cruel the glue dots are on the back of Funi UK's Akito the Exiled limited edition? I just got my copy and would like to know what to expect. 😬
Very few, two smallish ones on the front of box for the paper wrap, one large one on the back of the box, pretty painless (though YMMV)

Last edited:
My copy was very easy to remove the glue surprisingly, no ******** like what had happened with Akira.

UP1 have the recently announced titles up for pre-order now, put in orders for AoT S4 (LE) and both seasons of Isekai Quartet, going to wait closer to the time to put in an order for Sleepy Princess as March may be an expensive month or I'll wait for it in a Zavvi sale, yet to see.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Funi has just cancelled that re-release of the Haruhi S1/S2/Movie blu-ray.

It was leaked alongside Clannad last year and was even mentioned on this very site - https://animeuknews.net/2020/11/lis...on-shows-coming-to-blu-ray-in-the-uk-in-2021/
I feel they're steadily getting through the KyoAni shows, giving them all Limited Edition's as well, as we've had Clannad, K-ON!, Hyouka and Nichijou at a fairly consistent pace over the past year, so I wouldn't be surprised if Haruhi was next in line... unless they decide to release Myriad Colours Phantom World or Free! first (I can only dream on the latter though), wouldn't be against them re-releasing Dragon Maid as a Limited Edition though, as a side note.

EDIT: I could see Lucky Star being next if it isn't Haruhi, completely skipped my mind for a moment.

Back