UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Just spotted another one, this time on disc 4, episode 14, at 1:04:09. This one is just a single frame, and as with the others it only shows up on the PS4, not the Panasonic.
IMAG0177.jpg
It's bizarre that the problems are split across multiple discs like this. I can only assume the masters supplied to Funimanga were corrupted, or they transferred the files to a damaged hard drive during the authoring process.

K-On_3.gif

Just spotted another one, this time on disc 4, episode 14, at 1:04:09. This one is just a single frame, and as with the others it only shows up on the PS4, not the Panasonic.
View attachment 20320
It's bizarre that the problems are split across multiple discs like this. I can only assume the masters supplied to Funimanga were corrupted, or they transferred the files to a damaged hard drive during the authoring process.
I've forwarded this on to funimation.
Thanks.
If anyone finds anymore let me know.

My suspicions that something like this would happen are exactly why I bought Sentai's most recent Blu-ray set (from @farzam1999 thanks buddy!) :) Though I will say that while I think the cardboard sleeves are questionable in terms of prevention of disc scratches, the packaging for the UK release is very pretty looking.

My suspicions that something like this would happen are exactly why I bought Sentai's most recent Blu-ray set (from @farzam1999 thanks buddy!) :) Though I will say that while I think the cardboard sleeves are questionable in terms of prevention of disc scratches, the packaging for the UK release is very pretty looking.
Is Sentai's release of K-On! geolocked or region free?

View attachment 20320
IMG_20210818_122408.jpg
Figured it would look different for me, still just one frame.

Not ideal, certainly better that I can return it now (which I would have done so had I known before opening it) but a replacement scheme or something more direct would be far better. As for any reissue, if it isn't mentioned around the potential reissue and/or standard edition (assuming there will be one) that the discs don't have these problems (or at least, answered in a question from someone) I won't be bothering. That Sentai release would make for a good makeweight when it's on sale at Rightstuf for shipping costs in a larger order in future as well.

I loved all of K-ON! that I did see.

Must have been about 10 years since I stalled season 2 however. I plan to finish it in the future, and have seen the lovely movie.

I was half tempted to get that blu-ray so probably best I didn't get it. Glad an update has been given for those who did though.

So I received a reply from United publications.

We have had no information in replacements from publisher at this time.
We we can issue refund but not replacement at time

This is problematic, I could return the set and may never receive a replacement.
Well no you would be expected to re-buy the new fixed set if and when one is released if you send it back for a refund.

Pretty poor response, as the onus is now on the customer to make the return arrangements and pay for the return carriage as well.

Almost sounds like they are advising this in order for those bothered about the issues to return the sets, with no guarantee of a fixed set ever being released...

Pretty poor response, as the onus is now on the customer to make the return arrangements and pay for the return carriage as well.

Almost sounds like they are advising this in order for those bothered about the issues to return the sets, with no guarantee of a fixed set ever being released...
I doubt they’ll fix the CE set. They’ll just release the standard edition with corrected discs like they did Ghost in the Shell SAC.

Back