UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

So I got an email from Manga saying they were having a sale on 'The Entertainment Store' so clicked on through. Noticed Ghost in the Shell the new movie listed but with this image! Did I miss something??

$_3.JPG

So I got an email from Manga saying they were having a sale on 'The Entertainment Store' so clicked on through. Noticed Ghost in the Shell the new movie listed but with this image! Did I miss something??

$_3.JPG

I saw that myself whilst having a browse on their store, it's very strange. Both the old Manga and Funimation logo as well as the fact that Manga no longer have the licence show this is from ages ago, but I guess this confirms they were indeed planning on putting out the last two episodes at some point. I'd still love to know what stopped them.

I saw that myself whilst having a browse on their store, it's very strange. Both the old Manga and Funimation logo as well as the fact that Manga no longer have the licence show this is from ages ago, but I guess this confirms they were indeed planning on putting out the last two episodes at some point. I'd still love to know what stopped them.

Interesting. Unfortunately they dragged their feet too much and I bought those from the US. Even if someone else released them now it'd be too late to get my sale.

Interesting. Unfortunately they dragged their feet too much and I bought those from the US. Even if someone else released them now it'd be too late to get my sale.

I dunno, if either Anime Limited or Universal put out a nice limited edition complete collection, I'd bite, despite owning the Australian release of 9 and 10.

Probably the same reason Funimation are no longer working with Manga.

Soul Eater Not coming on BD after DVD? That seems rather backwards, although I will buy the BD. Manga need to be kinda careful, after they put it out on DVD only, I was going to just import it, which if I did, would've been a lost sale. If it was always their intent to put it out on BD, even if it was at a later date, they probably should've said something. I'll definitely be upgrading my SAO DVDs with this complete BD collection, I've been waiting for this for a while.

They still need to release Soul Eater original series on Blu Ray :'(
BTW this is coming from a guy who is slowly upgrading to Blu Ray LOL

I gave up on anyone here releasing Soul Eater on Blu-ray years ago. If you have a region free player though, the US BD set is really rather cheap (or it was when I bought it).

I actually find the fact Soul Eater hasn't had a BD release over here quite surprising tbh, surely it's popular enough to warrant one? I think it looks fantastic on BD too, the art style certainly helps too.

Ah good, the price doesn't appear to have altered that much. Maybe a few quid more now due to currency changes. £32 for over 50 episodes on BD is still a great value proposition though.
Yeah some of the stuff in my Wow HD wish list has actually gone down slightly which is nice to see

EDIT: Question. Are we sure that One Punch Man is coming to the UK via Kaze?
Yes. The SKUs are KBR3154 and KDVD3155 and the EANs have Viz Media Europe's prefix.

I guess this confirms they were indeed planning on putting out the last two episodes at some point. I'd still love to know what stopped them.

They confirmed they had it at May Comic Con 2014:
UKA: Manga Entertainment May 2014 MCM London Comic Con news round-up
The final two Hellsing Ultimate OVAs (parts IX and X) should be released early in 2015 after the company receive masters from FUNimation, hopefully in October.

They then confirmed at October Comic COn 2015 that they didn't:
UKA: Manga Entertainment MCM London Comic Con October 2015 news round-up
It was also confirmed during this segment that Manga Entertainment don't have the rights for the final two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate and are unlikely to get them - these will have to be picked up by another distributor.

They had already confirmed at this point that they would no longer be releasing any Funimation titles. The last I heard about it was in an interview with Andrew Partridge least year who, at the time, thought Manga did still have all 10 episodes.

I'm sure I remember issues with 5-8 where Jerome said they had them at one point, then later denied it. 1-4 had problems as well thinking about it; IIRC they intended to release them in two volume sets but that was nixed after pre-orders were already open. Madman were also planning to release a 10 volume set at one point - I expect that didn't work out due to there being two different licensors in Japan.

Just a quick question for those that bought the recent Berserk movie trilogy collection on blu ray : do the movies come with a sleeve? A photo would be very useful.

I bought the 3 movies separately and only the first one came with a sleeve, so just wondering...

From what I saw on the Trilogy collection in HMV. Its just 3 blu-ray cases in a flimsy cardboard outerbox (similar to their Blue Exorcist Complete Collection)

The discs are still the same ones.

Back