UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Not aquireing, no.

Actively blocking (DBS, OP and SMC on CR), yes.

That I put on Jerome's door.

How? Why would he allow DBS on Daisuki but not CR? This is ridiculous, it makes less than zero sense.

Also, he doesn't actually have DBS or SMC, how is it his fault?

You're literally just blaming him for Toei's actions now. It's childish and silly.

Why would he not allow OP on CR even though we'll probably see the third term of Trump before we come within a yard of seeing those episdoes on DVD?

Also Digimon Tri.

Why would he not allow OP on CR even though we'll probably see the third term of Trump before we come within a yard of seeing those episdoes on DVD?

Also Digimon Tri.

One Piece isn't on CR in any part of Europe. Jerome's influence is not that great.

Digimon Tri, they may or may not have streaming rights, but why aren't we giving them the benefit of the doubt like we would any other distributor?

For what it's worth, Expelled from Paradise isn't streaming either, why aren't you slaughtering AL for that?

I'm not literally calling for AL to be criticised here, I just don't understand why Expelled is any different to Tri.

When havent they?
Why has AL earnt it but Manga not. AL has had its fair share of blunders too
Because, whilst AL have had their number of screw ups they've usually gone "Our bad, we'll fix this as best we can" (even if the release of their Outlaw Star DVD box was a rather prolonged pregnancy) Manga have often just fart-arsed their discs (they've never fixed that whole chapter skip thing did they?), and skimped on supposed high quality releases (Remember AoT's supposedly SD Quality extras?).

AL have at the very least owned up to their cockups.

Don't get me wrong, Manga have goofed, but I don't see how they've reached the "EVERYTHING THEY'VE EVER DONE IS EVIL AND I CURSE THEIR FIRSTBORN CHILD" phase?

They were SD Quality but again Jerome had left the company to form animatsu at that point.
Also plenty of AL problems they dont fix (the spelling mistakes, mistranslations, The lack of an episode title on the digipavk of SAO II 1)
AL aren't the king of fixers his response to the escaflowne spelling mistakes was it doesnt effect your experience. ( It may do for all he knows)

It did turn out that a lot of those shaftings were down to Starz, the parent company insisting on UK DVDs being in PAL format, knowing full well that none of the local authoring companies were any good at authoring anime discs in the first place. As soon as Manga and Starz went their separate ways, we started getting NTSC discs ported over, and things started improving. The chapter skip issue is practically a thing of the past now. And Manga take most of the heat for the Kaze discs they distribute.

Very little of Toei's CrunchyRoll shows are available over here. And some of those don't even have a UK distributor. Period.

So I'd imagine it's more fair to say that Toei Europe have little interest in UK streams and it's convenient (although not for us) that Manga feel similarly. But if Toei Europe gave even part of a damn in the first place, the UK'd've got a stream for shows like Digimon Tri once other European territories were being catered for.

Manga/Animatsu may encourage* the situation, but they sure as hell don't initiate it.
(* and Toei Europe hardly need encouragement anyway)

Back