Computer Help Needed. Urgent!

shira

Shinigami
Hey guys, I've got a huge problem. I have less than 2 weeks to finish my graphics work for my art exam, and Painsthop Pro just does not want to load up. I have Photoshop installed, but I cant use it, im terrible. This is the error message I get;
ErrorMessage.jpg

I was told that it's because my PC's been on to long by Tachi, and at first, turning it off for an hour worked, but it's been off all day now and I still get the error. (Note: The first thing I tried to do was open PSPXII when my PC started up. It's not like my Visual Memory could have been drained by something else)

I really need this working by Saturday. Any help? Or any Photoshop masters willing to let me speak with them via Phone/Msn and give me some advice and tutorials on how to use it?

Thanks in advance!!

Ryo Chan said:
silly question time

tried reinstalling it?

I havent tried reinstalling this version of PSP, but I did with PSPXI and it had no effect. Any other ideas?

(Il try reinstalling now in a moment)

Have you got all the PSP updates from the publisher's site? If this is happening it should probably have an accompanying patch.

R

Rui said:
Have you got all the PSP updates from the publisher's site? If this is happening it should probably have an accompanying patch.

R

I don't. But i'm thinking its more to do with my PC as its my Vis. Memory that seems to be low, but I cant be sure why.

Talk to PC world. you've consulted a technician. you've re installed, you've looked for a patch. the only other thing is to consult it to PC world and see what they say. i'm too far away to come fix it. i might ask you if you'd mind me overtaking your machine but i really don't want to have to resort to it :/

Yup had problems like this before.. normally easy to fix or get around
Just update your program you have installed and installed what Yagami linked..

although I have the 2008 one installed as well, because Fallout was being lame when I tried to play it before and was about the only thing I hadn't tried before I got it to work without crashing every 5 minutes..

C++ 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Corel
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1153321224268?pid=1218141232324

JamesX said:
Yup had problems like this before.. normally easy to fix or get around
Just update your program you have installed and installed what Yagami linked..

although I have the 2008 one installed as well, because Fallout was being lame when I tried to play it before and was about the only thing I hadn't tried before I got it to work without crashing every 5 minutes..

C++ 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Corel
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1153321224268?pid=1218141232324

I've now installed the 2008 version, what Yagami linked too, and the patch, still not working.

Ideas? lol.

Use Photoshop; it's industry standard and generally much better than most image manipulation packages. One of my computing tutors also claims Paintshop Pro is complete wank.

Anyway, while I realise you probably don't want to be spending hours trying to learn how to use Photoshop correctly, it isn't actually that hard to grasp. I suggest you visit this link and make use of the tutorials provided to do whatever it is you need doing.

Most of what I can do in Photoshop now (which is quite a lot) comes from having spent a bit of time on that website.

rick said:
Use Photoshop; it's industry standard and generally much better than most image manipulation packages. One of my computing tutors also claims Paintshop Pro is complete wank.

Anyway, while I realise you probably don't want to be spending hours trying to learn how to use Photoshop correctly, it isn't actually that hard to grasp. I suggest you visit this link and make use of the tutorials provided to do whatever it is you need doing.

Most of what I can do in Photoshop now (which is quite a lot) comes from having spent a bit of time on that website.

Thanks. I've spent a little bit of time with Photoshop and i'im starting to get to grips with it. Out of interest, what course would I need to take in College to learn how to use this kind of software?

I'm currently taking an IT National Diploma. It's a two year course where, in the first, you're taught various units regarding different aspects of computing, such as graphics (i.e. Photoshop), web design, Visual Basic, networking, among many other things.

You get to focus more specifcally in the second year on either software or networking.

It's equivalent to three A levels, so if, like me, you don't fancy taking more than one subject and pretty much know what you want to do in the future, it's perfect. (I also went down the AS/A level route last year... Let's just say sixth form wasn't for me).

I'm not entirely sure what other courses provide such a broad spectrum of different areas in computing, though, so if it's something you might want to do, you at least know the course that I'm taking to look out for.

rick said:
I'm currently taking an IT National Diploma. It's a two year course where, in the first, you're taught various units regarding different aspects of computing, such as graphics (i.e. Photoshop), web design, Visual Basic, networking, among many other things.

You get to focus more specifcally in the second year on either software or networking.

It's equivalent to three A levels, so if, like me, you don't fancy taking more than one subject and pretty much know what you want to do in the future, it's perfect. (I also went down the AS/A level route last year... Let's just say sixth form wasn't for me).

I'm not entirely sure what other courses provide such a broad spectrum of different areas in computing, though, so if it's something you might want to do, you at least know the course that I'm taking to look out for.

That sounds similar to what i did in college, except mine was an AVCE and was only worth 2 A-levels (still gave enough UCAS points to get into uni mind) except we didn't do Visual Basic till second year (i aced it, i finished the 8 week assignemnt five weeks in completely)

kupocake said:
Your computer is punishing your piracy and your naughty desktop. If nothing else works, try an exorcism.

And if you fancy going legal, go GIMP

Photoshop > GIMP :p

What do you mean by an exorcism?

And meh, you like me desktop really ;) :p

Back