Collecting anime cels/sketches/production art

I have these unusual bundles of production sketches I got from Mandarake a few years back.

Cant tell if they are just Prize photocopies from a cometition/event

or photocopies they gave to out-of-studio or student artists for reference.

Either way its a nice collection. About 60-120 pages each

20210828_164306.jpg

I have these unusual bundles of production sketches I got from Mandarake a few years back.

Cant tell if they are just Prize photocopies from a cometition/event

or photocopies they gave to out-of-studio or student artists for reference.

Either way its a nice collection. About 60-120 pages each

View attachment 20634
Not entirely sure but there's a lot of different settings on mandarake. Most are copies, but some have also been used by the animators. Usually it says on the auction if the animators have used it or not 😃 Either way, some settings can be quite cool and it's really nice to see detailed sketches of different characters and environments etc. 😃

Some good stuff posted in here, some more that I own

Patlabor
RlDZPYK.jpg

qbLNsm5.jpg

City Hunter
N15BwiH.jpg

Utena
HSPh8sK.jpg

Angels Egg
19tVM0K.jpg

gyXri1E.jpg

Last edited:
It was the One Piece replica sheet (the one with the manga panel of crying luffy) that I was after. did you get that from Jauce as well?
Appreciate the info @Jay2021
I must admit though I do also like that image with Zoro and Luffy you linked to. 🤔

It was the One Piece replica sheet (the one with the manga panel of crying luffy) that I was after. did you get that from Jauce as well?
Appreciate the info @Jay2021
I must admit though I do also like that image with Zoro and Luffy you linked to. 🤔
Ohh!, my bad :D

Yes I did via Rakuten / surugaya-a-too store.

You could check the Goods Republic website but their prices can be mega expensive :eek:

Thanks man. I've made a lot of import orders to Japanese stores like Mandarake, hobbylink etc but I've rarely bought anything from auction sites outside of ebay. Will investigate these when I finish work tonight.

Back