Collecting anime cels/sketches/production art

Those are really cool. I epically like the one with Rei. I was bidding one one recently but it got a bit too expensive(1400$😅) Is it from NGE or the rebuild movies? 😃
Yeah they can get expensive, they weren't as expensive in the past, like most things. For a lot of studios, back in the old days production materials were considered worthless. These are from the show not rebuild :)

Yeah they can get expensive, they weren't as expensive in the past, like most things. For a lot of studios, back in the old days production materials were considered worthless. These are from the show not rebuild :)
Just noticed my bad autocorrect spelling 😂 Yeah, I guess it was a lot cheaper 10 years ago! I will try my best to find a nice one of Asuka 😃

I see that we collect the same shows 😃 Those are some really nice Byakuya sketches 👌 Is that One Piece genga real or is it a copy? Looks awesome 😄
Thanks 🙂

You have some fabulous Bleach sketches yourself ☺️

The One Piece genga is a copy - it is an actual ichiban kuji prize.

Thanks 🙂

You have some fabulous Bleach sketches yourself ☺️

The One Piece genga is a copy - it is an actual ichiban kuji prize.
Thank you 😄 I'm thinking about setting up a rubberslug or some other sort of site where I can display the sketches I own. Any recommendations? 😃

Just noticed my bad autocorrect spelling 😂 Yeah, I guess it was a lot cheaper 10 years ago! I will try my best to find a nice one of Asuka 😃
I hope you find one! These are the other Eva ones I own, got these a few years ago
gbYLseh.jpg

wsgN7Vd.jpg

Kf51IFu.jpg

NUM56FS.jpg

t9AWzA0.jpg

PSmxeyj.jpg

Thank you 😄 I'm thinking about setting up a rubberslug or some other sort of site where I can display the sketches I own. Any recommendations? 😃

I am only aware of Rubberslug.

Do be careful where you display your sketches.

I have recently hear that some company is checking the net and digitalizing other people's production sketches and passes them as their own collection!

What a cheek!

I am only aware of Rubberslug.

Do be careful where you display your sketches.

I have recently hear that some company is checking the net and digitalizing other people's production sketches and passes them as their own collection!

What a cheek!
Lol, that's pretty low 😶 I guess I will have to watermark them someway then to make it harder for them 😃

Wow! You have a large EVA collection 😃 You'll get a load for those if you ever sell them.
I'm not sure, I have a lot of stuff but not too clued up on how much people would pay for them, I'm acquainted with prices in Japan on mandarake etc but in the west it's a little niche. Not that I plan to sell them, but even if I did I wouldn't know where to start lol, I guess it's kind of up to what people are willing to pay I guess. Hopefully after I'm dead they're still being looked after, lol a bit morbid...it's weird owning stuff like this I guess.

I'm not sure, I have a lot of stuff but not too clued up on how much people would pay for them, I'm acquainted with prices in Japan on mandarake etc but in the west it's a little niche. Not that I plan to sell them, but even if I did I wouldn't know where to start lol, I guess it's kind of up to what people are willing to pay I guess. Hopefully after I'm dead they're still being looked after, lol a bit morbid...it's weird owning stuff like this I guess.
It depends a lot on what's on the sketch of course but they're anywhere from a couple hundred $ to thousands I guess 😅😂 Yeah, it's probably better to go into this hobby because you're interested in it, rather than seeing it as an investment 😊 And yeah, hopefully they will be kept safe for a long time 😄

Had a good look at my new Takahashi Akira Precure animation book. Alongside plenty of fantastic key art there's a lot of production materials for the three series he's worked as character designer for. Will post a few pictures from the Star Twinkle Precure section since that's the only series I'm familiar with.
20210820_204728.jpg
20210820_204735.jpg
20210820_204812.jpg
20210820_212130.jpg
20210820_212055.jpg
20210820_211159.jpg20210820_211845.jpg20210820_211359.jpg20210820_211511.jpg
20210820_210319.jpg
While it would be nice to own some cels I think I'll settle for the good old artbooks. Collecting production materials sounds quite pricy lol

These two Naruto sketches were my first ever purchases of production art sketches. At the time I could only afford these sketches during a gallery visit many years ago ;)

I think the Japanese Gallery is now called Cel-Ga.com, still ridiculously expensive :(

Naruto sketches.jpg

Back