Code Geass

Well finally got round to watching it. i have to say, Nunnally's VA really gave the feel for a sad ending, then the part with C.C saved the day.

Lots of people can't understand how Lulu could still be alive But what we seem to forget is that with c.c rejecting the leadership of the cult, and Charles and V.V dead, lulu is now effectivly head of the cult, and so takes V.V and Charles code of Imortality

all in all, the last ep saved the series for me, still not quite enough to let it beat macross frontier, but i suppose 2 happy ending may prepare me for the obviously depressing season of Gundam 00 that's on the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the series last night (R2) and was quite impressed how the anime came back at the end. Was worried it was gonna be cr*p. The episodes running up to it felt rushed IMO but must say I was happy with the outcome. Good story and good anime.
Just got to wait untill the OVA and/or movie come out now :p

hopeful_monster said:
Personally thought he was going to try and do a Revan from Kotor be evil to prepare for an even greater evil. What he did was simliar but in a way a lot more idealistic that i expected of him.
As for your conditional... didn't you catch the very final scene? Where CC was talking to Lelouch, but given her tendence to talk to 'dead' people not quite sure what to make of it.
While i doubt there will be a sequel wonder if they'll do a prequel/ retelling. It's to nice a cash cow for Bandi to completely abandon.
Everything hints at his survival, (honestly I don't think Lelouch would sacrifice himself so willingly) I don't mind an open ended 'he may be alive' just don't want to see a full blown resurrection.

I wouldn't rule out a sequel anyhow; 'Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion'?

RetroRainbow said:
Ridiculous things were introduced, and the pace seemed awkward. One thing was turning the maid into a ninja

Any excuse to have a ninja-maid..

Have been "getting ready" to watch the final episode for about five days now.

Spent the last two weeks of summer watching R2. Good lord there were plot holes and unresolved things, but I had to keep watching.

I know there's things wrong with it, but unless the final episode is terrible (to me) it might end up in my top five.

You'll have to tell us what your final thought is after watching it Truered. I thought it was a good ending. But everyone has their own opinion.

Voddas said:
You'll have to tell us what your final thought is after watching it Truered. I thought it was a good ending. But everyone has their own opinion.

For the first time in quite a while I've been moved by an episode. Some of the later episodes were a bit meh Ragnarok but this was a great way to end. Quite a few things were tied up without it being rushed.

Of course as with R2, other things were left unanswered.

I just can't see Lelouch being with C.C on the cart :cry:

Back