Cloverfield

Since it said Central Park was site "447" I want the exact same thing but in a new location, like Africa or something. Not Japan though, it'd be far too cliché and they'd end up wtfpwning it or Godzilla would end up fighting it. >_>

Really? Don't you think the whole Camera-filmed Monster movie would become a cliché within itself then. Africa is probably around Area "500" or more in their world I would imagine. But Yeah - Not Japan, This Monster would actually 'wtfpwn' Godzilla if it came too it.

I want to see this now but the camera thing really puts me off as I get motion sick just playing first person shooters and nearly threw up in Blair Witch, it does not help that someone I know did throw up during Cloverfield.

Saw it earlier today, and i got to say, at first i was put off by the camcorder apporach but in the in the end i enjoyed it :) I would now like to see the movie possibly from the military view of things just to get some answers (film could be shot from footage taken from headmounted cameras etc)

I've watched this twice now, and it really is a great film. The whole thing with the footage i.d and location i.d obviously shows that the miltary obtained alot more footage from other cameras/devices. In fact, if you read here you see that the director even offers this idea up; i must admit, i missed the bit where hud is being filmed by someone else(to busy watching the rest of the awesome).

So, as someone said, a cloverfield b movie, set somewhere else in the city with different people is much more likely than a direct sequel imho.

However; that being said, I would really like to see a real monster movie version of Cloverfield. Perhaps as a final bringing together of everything. Big budget, the army taking names and kicking ass after all their info gathering from watching all the video footage and their failed attempts at killing it the first time.

perhaps Mecha Poitier could turn up and kick its ass.

The whole movie is a Gantz live action movie in New York, seriously, this installment is the unaware pedestrians point of view, while the sequal will follow the Gantzer's point of view. The small parasites being 5 points each while the Cloverfield monster is worth a full 100 as it's the boss.

... If that honestly happened I would die happy.

Kurogane said:
Seems the only thing people have to call out against this film is the style it was filmed in; the amateur cameraman-esque shooting, but I thought that was what made the film. :?

I also thought that! The filming style was what made Cloverfield so awesome as an experience. It would not have had anywhere near the same impact had it been filmed in a traditional way!

I'm not quite sure if Cloverfied would be any good on a small screen, but I'll still be getting the DVD anyway!

Deidara said:
They could make a sequal though with these types of films it's hard to see them making another.

I remember hearing the director say that there's a chance they might make another film set during the same event, but from a different perspective. He said that, when the main characters were on the bridge, they were looking at another guy filming the whole thing, and he said that could be another person's story on that night!

Anyone found the easter eggs in the film (the one's where you press enter when the battery symbol shows up). I always miss them because i'm too busy watching the film, what are they?

CitizenGeek said:
I'm not quite sure if Cloverfied would be any good on a small screen, but I'll still be getting the DVD anyway!
In many ways I think that it'll enhance the experience. Almost like you've found the camera and playing back the footage yourself.

I know one thing thanks to the dvd version i finally saw that thing that's suposed to happen at the very end of the movie thank god for the pause button...though it took me three attempts to see it.

I've seen it. i'm not even sure how i feel on the film.
it had suspense, hype and a good story, its just....the camera did my head in. although its different and seperates them from other films. i didn't like watching a film filmed like that (guess im just used to every other film which is shot on big professional camera's and by real camera men :lol:)

Tachi- said:
(guess im just used to every other film which is shot on big professional camera's and by real camera men :lol:)
Uhh... Cloverfield was filmed on a normal camera, as every other movie. The part which gives the feel of the handycam is that they used a filming style called Steadi-Cam. It seems it paid off.

BlackWolf said:
I know one thing thanks to the dvd version i finally saw that thing that's suposed to happen at the very end of the movie thank god for the pause button...though it took me three attempts to see it.

would this be the object hitting the water in the background when they're on the ferris wheel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryo Chan said:
BlackWolf said:

would this be the object hitting the water in the background when they're on the ferris wheel?

Yep :p Also finally heard the backwards voice at the end of the credits, saying "It's still alive" or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it dvd a while back,it was ok but not as good as the first time i saw it.Also,if anyone has the dvd then they'll know that there is a pretty funny reference in one of the outtakes.

Back