Cloverfield

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Ok as of yet, no one knows what this film is about, though it seems to be sci-fish

at the moment the strongest rumours are it's either Godzilla, or Voltron?

either way the trailer is here

whatever it is, looks good

I thought it looked like a disaster film. No idea who Voltron is but I doughbt it'll have Godzilla. If it were they'd probably have shown a little of it breaking from an egg or somthing.

Deidara said:
No idea who Voltron is
It's a mecha animu, I did about Cloverfield the other day in Media Studies on Viral Marketing, I too am wondering what it is, though I've got some ideas myself on it, I think it's some epic machine from Japan, srsly.

I hope this movie doesn't get over rated because of it's misterious trailer and lack of infomtion hyping it up. I'm really looking forward to this movie. I love how quiet they kept it even if I have been scratching my eyes out to find out more. There are some very random conclusions on the net though.
:?

I'm curious as well, Just about everyone is. I reckon this is going to end up being like Snakes on the Plane, Box Office and Marketing-wise At least.

Genius marketing campaign.
Trailers give far too much away these days, showing less actually works out better, the intrigue really gets to ya.
Looking foward to this, love the way the trailer is filmed too.

I wonder if the whole film has been shot like that. Still i can't wait to see what's causing the chaos, or at least what its suposed to be as i got a feeling that when the film comes out we may not see the whole creature/robot/whatever anyway

It's coming out soon. I only saw the trailer (and the 5 minute clip) on Monday and damn, it looks very interesting and awe-inspiring. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be a giant CG fish.

From the five minute preview it looks like Slusho, well, what I ASSUME to be Slusho since it was some liquid monster from what I saw.

I think I'd rather see it on the big screen rather at home, The Wobbly camera making you feel sick effect would look nicer there. I don't want to watch that five minute trailer just yet. I'm waiting for the entire movie. Which considering its so close to its release now, I haven't seen one advert for it on the TV or at the cinema. No one besides me seems to know about it either, I have to drill it into peoples heads that it will be epic. Hopefully.

Eh? ******* February, The whole "What is the Monster" will be everywhere by then and it will lose a lot of its appeal of it being viral and mysterious. The 21.1.08 thing has gone as well. UNLESS - The 'monster' is never shown in full view through the movie, now thats an idea. Also, The chances of it having a open-ending for sequel is quite high methinks.

Jayme said:
162348597246b8f047ce850.jpg

Cloverfield monster confirmed, I saved you all £5.

Viral, From Gurren-Lagann? Is that where Paul's Avatar is from? Woah, I've always wondered.

Thanks for the offer, I still think I'll be going to watch this muvee, Nothing wrong with seeing a good'ol monster flick. I'll walk into the cinema with absolutely no expectations and its under that I just might die of shock. >__<

Really looking forward to Cloverfield. I just really hope that it hasn't been over rated. I just want to watch a good monster movie, that's all, nothing fancy. The monster better be kick ass tho otherwise I for one will be very disappointed. ¬_¬

Righto. Here is Blunty3000 A vlogger on YouTube. He has a Japanese manga spin-off thingy thing related to Cloverfield. Looks quite interesting from a Non-Japanese readers perspective. Oh.. He has also seen the movie as well. He has a quick review of sorts about that. Monster and baby monster.

Why do we have to wait another month. Pathetic and I'm really not that hyped up for it anymore. ;x

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo, just found out me the media department in my college might be organising a trip to go see this. I wouldn't go to see it outside college time but it'll cut work time (hopefully) and so it should be good.

Back