Claymore

Roadie

School Idol
I made one for Tengen Toppa but I couldn't resist making another. I'm currently watching Claymore and its a lot better than I expected it to be, and from further reading on wiki I want to see the rest of the series. (anyone read the manga, any good?) I just want to see peoples opinions on this if they're watching it.
Basically about humans living along side yoma whom possess abilites and survive on the guts of humans. Claymores are created by fusing human with yoma flesh and claymores take requests to kill yoma due to yoma abilites they now have.
The theme is similar to an old medievil setting I think, I didn't think about it until resently but this series reminds me of Berserk a bit at some points (wiki helped that thought too). There is a lot of action and 'sad/drama' parts in this anime and its colour tone is full of grey, not thats anything to avoid in my books.
I'd love to explain the story rather than the setting but I'm terrible at these things without shouting out spoilers so I've included a lazy link to wiki instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_%28manga%29

I didnt expect much from this than just a mindless supernatural action anime, but Ive been very suprised at how its grown into a very, dare I say, emotional anime. Not many have got me willing a character to stay alive or to feel for the character, but this has. Its hard to describe it without giving quite a bit of the first 7 episodes away, but if it can keep this standard up for the rest of the series it could become one of the 'must sees' of the future.

Episode 8 was quite simply put - Amazing.

At first I thought "Ho'****, shounen Berserk!?" it has it's fair share of clichés, but what DOESN'T these days? I'm really enjoying it, and it's probably my favourite anime this season.

I've got to mention it again.... <3 the epicness of episode 8.

Lupus Inu said:
Episode 8 was quite simply put - Amazing.

At first I thought "Ho'****, shounen Berserk!?" it has it's fair share of clichés, but what DOESN'T these days? I'm really enjoying it, and it's probably my favourite anime this season.

I've got to mention it again.... <3 the epicness of episode 8.
Must, go, watch, episode, 8....

Current on ep 7 gonna watch 8 amd 9 this weekend, at first i wasn't too keen on the anime and almost gave up on it until the kid got given the sword in ep 5 and then I wanted to see what he'd get up to.

Now the story is following the other claymore I am even more intrigued as you can see the series will culminate in the two Claymores either fighting each other or combining there strengths to fight the organisation as they are becoming more human every day.

Claymore is definitely one of my favourites of this season. Episode 8 was brilliant, and i have 9 planned for later on. It does feel slightly like Berserk as well.

Watched episode 9 earlier this morning. It's a brilliant anime, probably my favourite that's started this year. It's a shame that the yoma are so weak and never put up much of a fight, but without spoiling too much for anyone who hasn't seen #9 yet, it looks like things are about to change. :D

It is fantastic. I am now reading the manga as well. Episode 8 was awesome, just hope it keeps it up, its my favourite show of the season.

Back