Overseas Cheaper Alternatives to AoA BD Releases

Do we know what the quality of Madman's copies of Occultic Nine are like as they are part of that sale and I was interested

I've added Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu from MVM and marked it as green as, like the previous two movies, the Aniplex discs were used, and as for Eromanga Sensei, I've combined MVM's release with Madman's release as one listing as MVM used Madman's masters, but I need confirmation on whether it's a good cheaper alternative.

I've added Fate/Apocrytha to the list (MVM and Madman shared discs for this one), but I'm not sure what I should mark it as.

I've also re-listed Siren Visual's release and Anime Limited's release of Durarara!!x2 Sho as 2 separate listings (Siren Visual's is marked as red and Anime Limited's is marked as orange), as I've read from fellow forum member Professor Who on another forum that Anime Limited's release was a Justin Sevakis encode, while Siren Visual handled their own release. From Durarara x2 Ten, Anime Limited used Siren Visual's encode with the lossy audio at a lower bitrate than even their DVDs.

I've added Fate/Apocrypha to the list (MVM and Madman shared discs for this one), but I'm not sure what I should mark it as.

I've also re-listed Siren Visual's release and Anime Limited's release of Durarara!!x2 Sho as 2 separate listings (Siren Visual's is marked as red and Anime Limited's is marked as orange), as I've read from fellow forum member Professor Who on another forum that Anime Limited's release was a Justin Sevakis encode, while Siren Visual handled their own release. From Durarara x2 Ten, Anime Limited used Siren Visual's encode with the lossy audio at a lower bitrate than even their DVDs.
For Durarara!!x2 you might also want to take note that the OVAs are not included in the UK & Australian releases (and thus are exclusive to the JP and US sets).

Charlotte (Anime Limited (UK) and Madman (AUS))
Though not a clone, it was authored by MediaOCD, and the subtitles aren't the atrocity of the Crunchyroll stream.

Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] (TV Series) (MVM (UK) and Hanabee (AUS))
There's some reports on brightness issues.

Sword Art Online II (Anime Limited (UK) and Madman (AUS))
Madman's brightness problems are present on SAO II (similar to Fate/Zero).

Also, some upcoming releases:
Record of Grancrest War (MVM (UK) and Madman (AUS))
The Garden of Sinners (MVM (UK)) (confirmed by MVM to be a clone)
Cells at Work! (MVM (UK) and Madman (AUS))
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas (Madman (AUS))
(no announcement by UK distributor yet)

Is Aniplex releasing Violet Evergarden? I wasn't sure who was as I was interested in the Madman release also do we know about the following series yet: God Eater, Granblue Fantasy, Grancrest War?

The one AoA DVD-only release I would like to see done on Blu-ray somewhere English-friendly is Blast of Tempest - I own the AoA DVDs but I have an 1080p fansub that looks so much better - so I guess a JP Blu-ray release does exist.

Is Aniplex releasing Violet Evergarden? I wasn't sure who was as I was interested in the Madman release also do we know about the following series yet: God Eater, Granblue Fantasy, Grancrest War?
Aniplex has no involvement with the western distribution of Violet Evergarden, that goes to ABC Asahi and Kyoto Animation last I checked. Anime Limited have the license and I recommend holding out because the Madman release re-uses the Netflix translation which isn't perfect.

So what do we know about the MVM releases of Cells at Work, Fate/Apocrypha, Fate/Grand Order, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny? Are they Aniplex clones or something else? What about Plastic Memories as I would like to get that

I've added MVM's release of Anohana, and marked it as red for half the bitrate of the AoA release and missing extras.
I've combined the listings for Manga's release and Madman's release of I Want to Eat Your Pancreas, as they're using the same discs (the status for good cheaper alternative is yet to be confirmed).
I also added Hanabee's release of Plastic Memories, which I've yet to get confirmation. I don't know if Anime Limited's upcoming release of Plastic Memories will use the Hanabee discs, create their own or use the AoA discs, so I'm not listing it yet.

Last edited:
I said screw aniplex us and got the uk and australian releases of Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] (TV Series ), Fate/Zero , Your Lie In April, Aldnoah Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica and a few others and probally saved $600 or more by doing so.

And Madoka for that matter, especially with the TV series and Rebellion having banding and episode 7 of the series using the broadcast audio, rather than the home video audio.

By the way, I'm changing the rules regarding Aniplex of Japan titles released by Aniplex of America. Seeing as I already listed The Garden of Sinners, which uses AoJ discs, I'm now including titles such as The Anthem of the Heart and the Persona3 films (all 4 of the films will have separate listings).

Back