chatting about living expenses

Re: lets do a simul watch

st_owly said:
1 I'm not rich, I just put all my efforts in to buying anime ....It's something I love.

You also live with your parents, so can spend all of your money on anime. That's not an option for most of us.

Ah the good old days of living at home. I'd be about 400 quid better off a month if I was at my moms (would pay £300 rent) but think the price I pay for my own space and independence, even if rented, is well worth it. Can't wait till I actually buy my own house, but that's not for a couple of years.

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I'm still living at home.............ok good point.

Altho in my opinion don't see the point of actually being independent.

1You spend so much on rent, bills, food, clothes, and god knows what else and you work hard every single day for long hours and you don't have any time to enjoy the things you love.

2 Something unexpected happens and for better or for worse and it throws things out of control like losing a loved one, or you have a illness, your house burns down, the world ends, your robbed, your killed, you lose your cash.............

Which is why it's better to enjoy your self and not work so hard for people to take what you have earned.

Life is about enjoying your self and not work so hard.......... get what I'm saying

Lawrence said:
I don't think unemployment is an option for most of us and we can't all live on hand outs. Besides, the point of working hard is to gain more money, which can then be spent on the luxuries one desires.

Also, if the world ends it's not going to matter whether you live with your parents or alone, since you'll be dead anyway.

The point is that if SOMETHING did happen and your working your bollocks off for say.....a house, or a new car or remodelling a room or saving up to go on holiday..............ect

And your working to get or finally got the money after working hard for so long and something unexpected happened like......

Your robbed
Your die for some reason
Your house burns down

Or what ever.............then what else do you have now.......all that hard work and you never got what you wanted.

I don't take hand outs by the way......hell iv never even had money from the job center and won't except it.

Understand?

What if your house burns down and you loose all your anime? All that hard work would of been for nothing.

Living in fear of what if or might happen is no way to live at all, in my opinion.

animefreak17 said:
The point is that if SOMETHING did happen and your working your bollocks off for say.....a house, or a new car or remodelling a room or saving up to go on holiday..............ect.......

*snip*

Or what ever.............then what else do you have now.......all that hard work and you never got what you wanted.

I don't take hand outs by the way......hell iv never even had money from the job center and won't except it.

Understand?

Some of us don't have the fortunate situation where we can live at home with parents and not have to get a job. Working is an unfortunate situation the vast majority of the population will have to find themselves. Fortunately I do a job I enjoy and earn enough money to pay my bills and have around £500 left a month of which I can do what I want with. I will start saving soon but I should be getting a promotion and an extra few hundred quid a month in April so it will be a lot easier then.

If you don't take hand outs and you don't have a job, how the hell do you get the money to have such a big collection lol.

Always reminds me of a story someone told me about how they put all their CD collection in a box in the hallway while cleaning their room, and their mum went by - assumed the stuff in the box was meant to be chucked out - and took it down to the dump. Bam, their whole music collection gone in a flash (and this was someone who spent over the odds on Ebay to get rarities)

Physical possessions are nice, but ultimately ephemeral. Isn't it Japanese Zen Buddhism that emphasises living frugally?

GolGotha......that's not true, cause iv already seen them, it would be sad iv my collection was destroyed, they are masterpieces .....some anyways.

Lawrence your right I am thinking to hard on scary scenarios.......I think my phycic is damaged, or maybe it's my A.S.

britguy.......I do have a job.....I'm a paper boy and I do lots of rounds every morning and night and I do lots of them.....I give some money to my mom for rent or what ever she asks and the rest goes in a tin that can't be opened til the end of the month and I always try to buy the cheap stuff first and look for bargains.........let me tell you it is hard and I mean hard to do this but at least I'm enjoying my self.

You all going to think I'm crazy but I have a plan in mind...............but I don't think you'd want to hear it and even if you did hear it.......you'd think I'm crazy

britguy said:
crazy plans are always fun!

Trust me if you heard what I have to say.....then you'd think of me as that crazy guy that no one wants around cause of his insanity.

And it might damage this site's rep and everyone would be inclined to visit here because of me.

animefreak17 said:
GolGotha......that's not true, cause iv already seen them, it would be sad iv my collection was destroyed, they are masterpieces .....some anyways.

Now, we all know that isn't completely true. You always have a huge backlog and you don't watch the series until you own all the parts of it.

So, you can't say that if there was a fire right now that there wouldn't be any anime you hadn't got round to watching yet involved.

Checkmate your right I don't watch them Til I own the whole series ok fine you got me on that.

And as for my insane idea.....I will.....

Start a school that will teach dogs how to talk.........that's my idea.

Ether that or I try really really hard and find a better job

animefreak17 said:
Checkmate your right I don't watch them Til I own the whole series ok fine you got me on that.

If I was you I would go with the latter.

Kurz Weber said:
animefreak17 said:

Really? You wouldn't want your dog to shout at people saying...........piss off.

animefreak17 said:
britguy.......I do have a job.....I'm a paper boy and I do lots of rounds every morning and night and I do lots of them.....I give some money to my mom for rent or what ever she asks and the rest goes in a tin that can't be opened til the end of the month and I always try to buy the cheap stuff first and look for bargains.........let me tell you it is hard and I mean hard to do this but at least I'm enjoying my self.

Ah, I have to say with the volume of Anime you get through on any given day I've always wondered what else you get up to, do multiple paper rounds really bring in enough cash to support your Anime appetite? even buying the bargains?

animefreak17 said:
Kurz Weber said:
animefreak17 said:

Really? You wouldn't want your dog to shout at people saying...........piss off.
Haha It would be good but I doubt that it's going to happen anytime soon.

Once again another thread about AF going awol and everyone criticising it (*eats popcorn*).

But honestly, if you were going to teach a dog to talk if would probably end up being somewhat similar to the posts here. Though I don't want dogs talking otherwise the Earth would end up being called Planet of the Dogs at some point.

Rosencrantz..........actually it depends really.................If I'm down to my last series I go to order some more but that's only if I'm down to my last series, even if it's not at the end of the month......Well it's only 50 a week for a few hours a day and looking for deals makes it fun.

Kurz Weber ......be fun tho.
G
NormanicGrav yep

Enough about my expenses.....What about you guys expenses

My expenses are ludicrous due to living near the capital these days, and I couldn't survive on my hobbies without my job so regrettably I still have to do it. I don't mind it, though, it's interesting and I learn a lot of new things all the time. And I get to have a lot of experiences of a lot of different things and people, all of which help me appreciate my hobbies even more (the most obvious example being travel).

I have to second the sentiment that the freedom of being independent is worth paying for. My parents wouldn't have been willing (or able) to give me much support anyway, but even if they had I'd still have left home as soon as possible to make my own way.

NormanicGrav said:
But honestly, if you were going to teach a dog to talk if would probably end up being somewhat similar to the posts here.

Wow, you aren't holding back NormanicGrav! :D

R

Give it 5 years time and the UK will have just as bad a problem with 'hikikomori' as Japan. This generation is royally screwed when it comes to moving out - every young person is saddled with a massive amount of student debt and if they're lucky enough to get a job, most will be poorly paid. And even then, rent will sap away any hope of owning your own place.

Most young people won't be able to move out until their mid to late twenties - I've even seen a few in their early 30s still living with their parents.

Rui said:
My expenses are ludicrous due to living near the capital these days, and I couldn't survive on my hobbies without my job so regrettably I still have to do it. I don't mind it, though, it's interesting and I learn a lot of new things all the time. And I get to have a lot of experiences of a lot of different things and people, all of which help me appreciate my hobbies even more (the most obvious example being travel).

I have to second the sentiment that the freedom of being independent is worth paying for. My parents wouldn't have been willing (or able) to give me much support anyway, but even if they had I'd still have left home as soon as possible to make my own way.

NormanicGrav said:
But honestly, if you were going to teach a dog to talk if would probably end up being somewhat similar to the posts here.

Wow, you aren't holding back NormanicGrav! :D

R

to be honest rui my mom wouldn't want me to live home anyways, she worries about me too much, when my sister left and said nothing, my mom was in tears when she left without saying a word, not only that but the dude shes with is a complete idiot and a good for nothing and for the life of me I have no idea why she would go with such and man............I just don't get women.

to be honest I wouldn't be able to live by my self or should I say survive by my self........ I mean sure I can clean and do odd jobs there and there but I couldn't go out in the world by my self.

thanks to my AS and other things like not having a proper job that would pay rent and bills, to be honest I wouldn't know what to do with myself, im just so useless lol.

and wait they wont support you????????? what sort of parent wouldt help there child.........whats that about?

on the subject,

if I need money for something say........... a new bike because my old one was busted id had to use my anime money ........which is a setback but if it needs to be done it needs to be done.

Back