chatting about living expenses

Animefreak17

Godhand
I was thinking we could do a simul watch and watch *monster* I saw this anime a while back and I loved it and I was thinking we could watch it simultaneously.

I just think this is a great series and I think it makes a great discussion that includes Johan and what he

It's not as deep as lain but I think it would be great If we could do THIS.

Who's in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: lets do a simul-watch *monster*

It's an interesting suggestion. It's quite long, and not easy to get hold of, I'll wait and see what other people say.

I don't have it so I can't join in, sorry (this seems to be the case with most of the simul-viewings here).

May I suggest something that's freely available on a streaming site like Viewster or Crunchyroll?

R

Rui said:
I don't have it so I can't join in, sorry (this seems to be the case with most of the simul-viewings here).

May I suggest something that's freely available on a streaming site like Viewster or Crunchyroll?

R

-_-..........Oh ok.......I saw it once and I feel in love with it and I wanted to watch it with someone and discus things about it.

Ok rui il let it go.................(*crying in the corner*)..........................an hour later.............ok Rui what would you suggest.

P.S.

all of you should be ashamed for not owning this SERIES......I mean it's just sooooooooooo good, it's like the godfather of anime.

If you haven't seen it, then shame on you.............stop what your doing AND go watch it...you can buy it at up1

Re: lets do a simul watch

You can get it at United publications.

Moribito is a good one

I mean yes I know it's long ........but omg it's brilliant......monster became my favourite before I even finished it.

It has that element of mystery like lain........Well not exactly like lain........but it's just good.

We know, but it's £160 excluding postage so a bit expensive to buy just for a simulcast, plus the length alone would be off-putting for some people and rather hard to commit to.

Although I will admit, it is on my to buy list, but I would much prefer it if Andrew picked it up...

Rui said:
As much as this is a good idea, I can't help but feel like you're on their payroll now. :p

GolGotha said:
We know, but it's £160 excluding postage so a bit expensive to buy just for a simulcast, plus the length alone would be off-putting for some people and rather hard to commit to.

Although I will admit, it is on my to buy list, but I would much prefer it if Andrew picked it up...

Even if it's expensive........... you should get it .......not for the simul watch......but for how good it is and is collection worthy.

You won't regret it......go get it.......

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
As much as this is a good idea, I can't help but feel like you're on their payroll now. :p

Hahaha, I might just want everyone to talk about Star Driver :D

AF, with regards to Monster I'm not planning on buying the R4s because I already read the manga, and as the anime is supposed to be very similar it doesn't feel as though there's much point in buying that too. If you want to discuss Monster in a Monster thread to talk about your interpretation that's absolutely fine though!

R

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

AF, with regards to Monster I'm not planning on buying the R4s because I already read the manga, and as the anime is supposed to be very similar it doesn't feel as though there's much point in buying that too. If you want to discuss Monster in a Monster thread to talk about your interpretation that's absolutely fine though!

R

Then what would our queen suggest for a simul watch........your our queen lol.

Since iv already made this thread we might as well use it.

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

R
Note to self.....buy star driver

animefreak17 said:
GolGotha said:

Even if it's expensive........... you should get it .......not for the simul watch......but for how good it is and is collection worthy.

You won't regret it......go get it.......

Some of us aren't as fortunate with wealth as you and your spending habits imply lol. Monster is on my list for one day but 160 is a huge investment so I can't take part in this atm.

Yeah, I can't afford to drop 2/3's of a month's rent on an anime series, no matter how good said series is. It's on the list, but for when I have an actual real job.

st_owly said:
Yeah, I can't afford to drop 2/3's of a month's rent on an anime series, no matter how good said series is. It's on the list, but for when I have an actual real job.

I have a job and I could afford it but can't justify it lol. My rent and bills comes to around £700!

1 I'm not rich, I just put all my efforts in to buying anime ....It's something I love.
2 ok I understand, I'm just saying it worth getting but yeah it is a bit steep
3 700 a month.......O_O................those bastards who take cash from you are like blood sucking leeches.........If I had a choice I'd rather live in a trailer then pay that a month

4 look for bargains and start with the cheap stuff.

animefreak17 said:
1 I'm not rich, I just put all my efforts in to buying anime ....It's something I love.
2 ok I understand, I'm just saying it worth getting but yeah it is a bit steep
3 700 a month.......O_O................those bastards who take cash from you are like blood sucking leeches.........If I had a choice I'd rather live in a trailer then pay that a month

4 look for bargains and start with the cheap stuff.

BUY ALL THE ANIME!!! (*insert meme picture*)

Yeah Monster isn't a good starting point for a simul-watch. Heck even though I have the cash for it I'm not getting it (R4 versions are off the cards on my collection, in addition the sets are PAL and done by Siren Visual who I have lost some faith in after the DRRR!! incident) unless AL can pick it up or someone with good QC over in the states.

You also live with your parents, so can spend all of your money on anime. That's not an option for most of us.

Back