chatting about living expenses

Lutga said:
Give it 5 years time and the UK will have just as bad a problem with 'hikikomori' as Japan. This generation is royally screwed when it comes to moving out - every young person is saddled with a massive amount of student debt and if they're lucky enough to get a job, most will be poorly paid. And even then, rent will sap away any hope of owning your own place.

Most young people won't be able to move out until their mid to late twenties - I've even seen a few in their early 30s still living with their parents.

I saw something in the papers about that a little while a go men still living with there moms and dads....................

its hard for us British to get jobs and houses but when it comes to foreigners..........the moment they step foot on to british soil there instantly given a job a house and benefits.

hell my moms shutting the flower shop soon and she went to a interview to get a job and an other English girl was there too for it and a polish woman was there too and the interviewers was also foreigners and guess which one got the job............. the polish woman...........

its like my dad says .........keep jobs for british people.

what chance do we have of even getting a job these days

Don't blame the foreigners, blame the university system. Everyone has a degree these days so there's nothing to mark one candidate out from another.

Students these days whack down £30,000 on uni fees only to graduate and get told they're overqualified for the Maccy D's down the road, but that they're underqualified for the big bucks grad scheme because they haven't done enough internships. That's the issue, not foreigners.

Remember not every parent has enough money to support their child forever (besides which, it's not a sustainable way to live if you're planning on outliving them unless they have a ton of money stored up which they can leave you, is it?). You never know what life will throw at you but I've always preferred to be in control of my own destiny as much as possible, which means relying on my parents winning the lottery and giving it all to me wasn't ever on the cards.

I'm glad my parents let me do as I wanted instead of stifling me, too. It's not unkind for parents to make their kids learn to be independent. If anything it's unkind to be too overprotective ^^;

Also I note that men are just as good at picking terrible partners as women are :p

R

animefreak17 said:
its hard for us British to get jobs and houses but when it comes to foreigners..........the moment they step foot on to british soil there instantly given a job a house and benefits.

hell my moms shutting the flower shop soon and she went to a interview to get a job and an other English girl was there too for it and a polish woman was there too and the interviewers was also foreigners and guess which one got the job............. the polish woman...........

I disagree with your dad. That's absolute drivel, frankly speaking; keep jobs for the best candidates. A Polish person working in the UK probably speaks two languages fluently (often three, since they usually teach Russian in schools there), owns no anime collection and lives in a horrible flat with numerous other people desperately trying to make a better life for themselves. Many of these 'foreigners' have degrees of their own and can run rings around locals. I know people (sorry, 'foreigners') with years of experience and advanced degrees who are working in the UK as cleaners because of this attitude - the job market is hard for everyone right now.

If you want to beat other people in job interviews, you have to be better than they are (or in most cases, simply 'click' with the interviewers). Blaming other people for nonsensical reasons shows that you were not the right person.

R, who does not hire racists when interviewing

I'm not a racist -_-.........all I'm saying is that it's hard for everyone out there.

It's hard for my mom and that's why I keep saying she can have what I have in inheritance what I'm getting from granny, but she doesn't want it and told me to keep it.

I just want my.mom to be happy.

Psycho..........right mother.

animefreak17 said:

Allow me then to compound your misery and mention that my sister has been accepted for a post in London which she will be starting in January. Sucks not to be a qualified CA, doesn't it?

Yakumo said:
animefreak17 said:

Allow me then to compound your misery and mention that my sister has been accepted for a post in London which she will be starting in January. Sucks not to be a qualified CA, doesn't it?

Ok I get it

As someone considering returning to education, student debt does not seem like a problem at all - Figures seem to show that even less will end up being paid back now fees have gone up.

Overpopulation however, is a problem. Everyone needs sterilising IMO, and to only be allowed children if they can afford to raise them. And I say this as a less well off person. F*ck paying people to overpopulate the planet with unnecessary people. We need about 1m humans, tops. 7m is ridiculous. 9m will be insanity.

You have it pretty sweet compared to me though. It's not deece what I'll have to pay back, it's so not deece. I'm thinking of doing a Tim Dog and faking my own death or something.

I wish I could understand more about the whole job difficulties as I can't really have an accurate opinion on it, I've been very lucky. I finished college in July 2006 and was looking for a job, i opted to look after my little brother who was 6 at the time over the 6 weeks holidays so my Mum gave my some money for doing that. I resumed the job hunt in September 2006 and didn't get lucky for a few months, I got my break in February 2007 at where I still currently work now. I applied for a new job end of May this year and it was a lengthy process due to their 4 stage application process, I did however get offered the job end of July. I've had no trouble getting a full time higher paying job in this instance so I don't know what it's like :(

As for foreigners, they work hard, at least the Polish do (solely based on they're all I've seen work), they've learnt our language and they get right on working and for rubbish pay that a % of the British population would snub once working out they'd "get more on benefits". So I'm not really job prejudice as long as they learn our language, don't act like we're racist and in turn don't act like they;re racist by thinking they're better than us (those who walk into you like you should of moved out of THEIR way for example).

I am however more home/benefits prejudice I guess as I do not agree that our benefits seem to help foreigners more than the British people. I have newspaper articles and tv shows on such things to solely make this opinion on though.

The issue with foreigners is kinda daft. I've worked with Polish amongst others in the past. They don't have it any easier living and working on minimum wage and the one's I worked with rarely bought anything non-essential. Why? Because most of them are sending money home to support their families or saving for a marriage &/or house back in Poland because our currency is so much stronger.

Another example is an old college friend who came from Afghanistan, I met him back when the war had just started and he was working 8pm till 2am then coming into college at 9am everyday to send money to support his family whilst trying to get an education for himself and worrying about

Irregardless of race; who wouldn't do the same thing for their family or loved ones?

Back