Channel 4 airing Studio Ghibli movies, starting 19th Feb

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UKAnime.com have noticed that next week Channel 4 (no doubt to capture the kids on half-term holiday from school) will be airing four Studio Ghibli movies on week-day mornings:
  • Channel 4 Studio Ghibli movies, starting 19th Feb:
  • MONDAY 19 FEBRUARY, 9:55am - 12:00pm: Kiki's Delivery Service
  • TUESDAY 20 FEBRUARY, 10:35am - 12:00pm: The Cat Returns
  • THURSDAY 22 FEBRUARY, 10:20am - 12:00pm: My Neighbour Totoro
  • FRIDAY 23 FEBRUARY, 9:35am - 12:00pm: Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Cool I am off work that week I can wake up to anime movies all week long, and I love KiKi and The Cat Returns so I am doubly happy they are on first

Cool! I'll be setting the DVD recorder!

(If anyone is interested, the following are from radiotimes.com!

Kiki's Delivery Service - VIDEO Plus+: 76182068
The Cat Returns - VIDEO Plus+: 3149049
My Neighbour Totoro - VIDEO Plus+: 88074629
Laputa: Castle in the Sky - VIDEO Plus+: 42662859)

Curse the time its on an curse kids with all there time off school! Will have to see about recording these as I have yet to see half of them.

Lets just hope they get the viewing figures they deserve eh?

Nice to see them on terrestial TV too, whatever the "outcome" (if indeed there is an "outcome").

If anyone's wondering what's on Wednesday, it's The Brave Little Toaster. Y'know, the one with the cute blanket? Apparently it's rather good, but I think I only saw the end (when it was on TV when I was a child) and I all can remember for sure is that I liked the blanket because it was so cute.

By brother has his half-term this week, so it isn't any use for him or anyone at the same primary school. My sister has her half-term next week, but I doubt that any of these would interest her.

I enjoyed the first 30 minutes of Kiki's delivery service, before i had to goto class :( i think i might buy it, looked pretty well done.

And the rest of the film is even better than the first 30 minutes (and as usual, somewhat better in the original language). Although the bit with the cows is certainly one of my favourite moments. :)

Turtleheart said:
And the rest of the film is even better than the first 30 minutes (and as usual, somewhat better in the original language). Although the bit with the cows is certainly one of my favourite moments. :)

Yeah i think i'll be picking it up, i didn't realise Kirsten Dunst was in it until i seen the opening credits. I'm sure i seen a Ghibli box set of dvds for sale somewhere but i can't remember.

This has gotten me interested in what ghibli has to offer, its just a shame i cant watch any of them while they are on Channel 4.

Paul said:
UKAnime.com have noticed that next week Channel 4 (no doubt to capture the kids on half-term holiday from school) will be airing four Studio Ghibli movies on week-day mornings:
  • Channel 4 Studio Ghibli movies, starting 19th Feb:
  • MONDAY 19 FEBRUARY, 9:55am - 12:00pm: Kiki's Delivery Service
  • TUESDAY 20 FEBRUARY, 10:35am - 12:00pm: The Cat Returns
  • THURSDAY 22 FEBRUARY, 10:20am - 12:00pm: My Neighbour Totoro
  • FRIDAY 23 FEBRUARY, 9:35am - 12:00pm: Laputa: Castle in the Sky

gah, what makes these times bad? simple, if this had been any other week i could have seen them all bar fridays one, but my hours got mucked about so now i can't watch any of these due to work =/

Turtleheart said:
Not unless you count all the Hong Kong bootlegs which squish 3 or 4 films onto a DVD. The only genuine box sets were VHS and Laserdisc collections in Japan.

I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me :( Ah well theres another couple of films to the list.

Back