Channel 4 airing Studio Ghibli movies, starting 19th Feb

Espy said:
lmc87 said:
I'm sure i seen a Ghibli box set of dvds for sale somewhere but i can't remember.

No such thing in that respect unfortunately =(

DSCN0042.jpg

I knew i wasn't seeing things! so it does exist. Guy that has it said

$299, and the site I got it from sent me a free copy of "Grave of the Fireflies" that's also R3, but it has no English subs. One I got is #1105 of 2000.

lmc87 said:
Espy said:
lmc87 said:
I'm sure i seen a Ghibli box set of dvds for sale somewhere but i can't remember.

No such thing in that respect unfortunately =(

(image)

I knew i wasn't seeing things! so it does exist. Guy that has it said

$299, and the site I got it from sent me a free copy of "Grave of the Fireflies" that's also R3, but it has no English subs. One I got is #1105 of 2000.

As nice as it looks, it's probably fake. Or Japanese, at least. There certainly isn't a set in the English speaking world, and I've heard there's a lot of bootlegs going around.

lmc87 said:
It's real but as you stated i think the guy said it was from Japan. still wouldn't mind the box for the Ghibli DVD's
Make your own box and say it was a limited edition of 300 and get everyone drooling.

Anyway, I am happy for Ghibli is starting to make an impact. Though I don't see why it should matter.

I stumbled upon The Cats return this morning, Its awsome! Thank god that theres decent Anime films on non-digatal t.v! But they could had put it on later, I was half-asleep when I watched it as I just got up xD Lazy me...

</>

Managed to catch The Cat Returns yesterday, completely forgot about these being aired. But will definately try to watching tomorrows anime movie

pomtry said:
Is Castle in the Sky any good? Ive never seen it but Ive always wanted to

This was the first Studio Ghibli film I saw and loved it, good story, great studio ghibli styled characters.

Bought it on dvd after watching well worth

So who watched Castle in the sky today then? I did and i thought it was fantastic, That and KiKi's Delivery Service are going on order, Might get the other two but unfortunatley i missed them.

Fantastic films though.

lmc87 said:
So who watched Castle in the sky today then? I did and i thought it was fantastic, That and KiKi's Delivery Service are going on order, Might get the other two but unfortunatley i missed them.

Fantastic films though.

Managed to catch the Cat Returns and Kiki's Delivery Service (gotta buy this) but was working during the other Ghibli films on.

Buy Cat Returns too, brilliant and the dub cast is brilliant with the likes of Tim Curry (he has never done a bad film and he is one of the best bad guys of all time) and Elliott Gould.

Back