Cells at Work episode 5

D1tchd1gger

Shrine Maiden
Crunchyroll link

Ah another episode I can relate to as I get hay-fever. Basically it's the body doing its job, but for the wrong reason and at the same time massively over reacting!

I thought the representation of drugs was cool, but steroids is also a massive overreaction on the part of the person taking it, surely an antihistamine would do. I wonder what the representation of that would have been, certainly less destructive.

To partially answer my own question from the last episode post, cancer is indeed tackled in the manga (looking at the Wikipedia page), but still might not get adapted I suppose.

I thought the representation of drugs was cool, but steroids is also a massive overreaction on the part of the person taking it, surely an antihistamine would do. I wonder what the representation of that would have been, certainly less destructive.
I think Japan's strict drug laws might have something to do with that. Maybe studios are encouraged not to depict things if not necessary? :confused:

cancer is indeed tackled in the manga (looking at the Wikipedia page), but still might not get adapted I suppose.
It wouldn't surprise if this got a second season though and they'd have to step things up at that point or it'd just be more of the same (not a bad thing).

I'm under the impression that the show's a hit in Japan so hopefully we'll get more. Platelets everywhere.

Cancer stuff, just a note ...don't look into it too much as there is a bit of a spoiler I was sadly caught by.

Back