British Dubbed Animes?

takuhii said:
No it wasn't Anime FX/Anime UK, it was a company called Crusader Video, Helen McCarthy was involved with the voice-overs, but little else, I believe.
I thought it was Crusader that did Nuku Nuku, and Anime UK did Beast Warriors. (not that it matters much as McCarthy was involved in both)

A lot of the stuff from Manga Collection range is of UK-made dubs, but more often than not they use American accents. Dangaioh's good for a laugh! Hopefully the upcoming Space Adventure Cobra will include the old dub as well. :D

For some reason I believe that british accent would go very well with "serious" animes and american for comedies =)

Maxon said:
The nearest thing I've heard is the Hellsing dub, but those were just Americans doing horrible English accents. At least Crispin Freeman was saved from embarassment.

In regard to Brits actually doing it, I don't see why not. However, the UK has a very limted number of talented voice actors and unless the American production companies set up a base here, there's little chance of corporate backing.
As someone has already pointed out the voice of Integra is actually British. As are the actors who played Walter, Anderson, Maxwell and Faragason - and possibly more but I couldn't find out. So apart from Seras Victoria pretty much all the British characters were actually played by Brits!

Back