British Airways using Evangelion to advertise

reikick.jpg

That pic really has to be fake, i know the recession has hit BA badly, but it looks like they invited some jr Artists to have a doodle on their plane

British Airways isn't "Japan" itself ;p they're busy over there using Eva to pimp coffee/pachinko/sex shops/restaurants, no time for UK airlines as well!

I'm far from an Eva maniac but do think it deserves some recognition. The sheer audacity of the marketing behemoth it left in its wake is impressive.

R

Rui said:
British Airways isn't "Japan" itself ;p they're busy over there using Eva to pimp coffee/pachinko/sex shops/restaurants, no time for UK airlines as well!

I'm far from an Eva maniac but do think it deserves some recognition. The sheer audacity of the marketing behemoth it left in its wake is impressive.

Lulz: Keep the passive aggressive spam posts to PMs please.

R

I think Galaxy Angel should have a better recognition, not as notable and groundbreaking as Eva true, but still...

Otaku-san said:
I think Galaxy Angel should have a better recognition, not as notable and groundbreaking as Eva true, but still...

I think the cuteness might scare some people off. Forte should be the one to advertise!

R

Rui said:
Otaku-san said:

I think the cuteness might scare some people off. Forte should be the one to advertise!

R

Yes Yes so yes

im just trying to image how Forte would look on a tail wing
:D

Quite interesting to see they're using anime as an advertisement for Japan. I guess it's just something a lot of young people associate with the country these days.

Though i'm sure they could've picked a more obscure series, I guess it makes sense to showcase something at least some people may recognise. THOUGH; better than a picture of Naruto! Fer sure.

I suppose I would be pretty excited if Sousuke or Chii appeared in a newspaper over here. I find it hard to get excited about Rei appearing a newspaper, not because I dislike Eva, but because Eva is has received too much exposure, and it's hardly fair that obviously superior anime don't get a look in.

Screw Eva... I think an anime that should replace it for advertising trips to Japan on British Airway should be this...

shana.jpg

Because that would reflect the current status of Japanese anime (aka Moe Craze)... Plus I love Shana anyway <<3

we should call her melonplane

and have melonpan christian her, it would be a spectacular moment x3

no really i think melon bread sums it all up really, iconic and notable

Back