British Airways using Evangelion to advertise

Ark

Adventurer
For those who got the Sunday Times today, on the back page British Airways has an advertisment for trips to Japan. It includes a picture of Rei's face and little bit of Asuka's.

Wow, that's awesome :] I can only get the Irish format of The Sunday Times so all the ads are different and I didn't get a chance to see it :/

It's not the first time Eva has been used to advertise Japan - I saw an ad for the "Yokoso Japan!" campaign on CNN a while ago and there were scenes from Eva in it :]

Suddenly I'm picturing people boarding Evangelions at the airport :p

Pretty weird but then I can't say I'm too amazed, Eva is insanely popular afterall.

Sy said:
Not a patch on Lupin III advertising Esso.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KbAN7mMaUYY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KbAN7mMaUYY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

By god he's right. Are all Japanese adverts this frantic and badly dubbed?

Oh wow, a female from a Japanese cartoon was seen in an advertisement on a newspaper. Instantly news-worthy.

Should've been Kenshiro. "FLY TO JAPAN OR YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD, ATA!!"

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
ayase said:
It's good because if you're scared of flying, now everyone else will be too:

REI IS SMILING! THAT CAN'T BE HER!!!@! Weren't Asuka supposed to be on that? Meh, It's cool they used it to advertise the japanese trips anyway =D

Actually that's the rei that Shiniji sees when he test drives unit 00 in one of the eps...though at first i thought it was one of the mini-Reis that popped up in End of Evangelion that people saw before they turned to LCL

As for the fact its on the plane itself...makes me wonder what stuff they turned down to accept that image :p

That image reminds me of buying Eva on VHS for the first time! It was on the back of one of the volumes and stuck in my mind as well. Oh happy rose-tinted days, I was so excited for each new tape release date.

R

Back