Bleach ?

Yeah, I'm going to watch episode 20 later this evening. After the mediocrity of the opening dozen or so episodes, Bleach is starting to get really good. I'm still not particularly impressed by the score, but the action and story is a lot sharper now.

The way we were introduced to the human form of Ichigo's badass looking soul slayer was great, especially when his name is muted and things like that.

So far, so good.

Videl said:
(providing i can stop watching Fullmoon wo Sagashite lol

Yeah right! :lol: I watched the whole thing in 5 nights :shock: it was so good (BTW you'll love the ending, I sobbed :cry: ).

Did you know the same author of Full Moon wrote Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne? if you really enjoy Full Moon, I'm sure you'd love KKJ!! it has all the same eliments as Full Moon :D

Just had to add this!
I've just watched ep. 20 of Bleach and I've never known 20 minutes to go by so fast :lol:
This is it! looks like everything will really start from here :D

Ok so i'm downloading the first episode of Bleach (the first fansub i have ever downloaded), and i have to say it is going increadably slow, so far it has taken most of yesterday and a few hours this morning and i'm only up too 74%, oh well it's probably because i don't have broadband. Does everyone else here have broardband?

What i really wanted to ask was which one i should be downloading, i'm dowloading this first episode throught the link from Toriyama World, but just now i looked at what they have on AnimeSuki and i realised there are loads of different versions of the same episodes, does it matter which one(s) i download? Is it best to download all the same one? Are some better than others? And which ones did everyone download?

Charter_Mage said:
Ok so i'm downloading the first episode of Bleach (the first fansub i have ever downloaded), and i have to say it is going increadably slow, so far it has taken most of yesterday and a few hours this morning and i'm only up too 74%, oh well it's probably because i don't have broadband. Does everyone else here have broardband?

What i really wanted to ask was which one i should be downloading, i'm dowloading this first episode throught the link from Toriyama World, but just now i looked at what they have on AnimeSuki and i realised there are loads of different versions of the same episodes, does it matter which one(s) i download? Is it best to download all the same one? Are some better than others? And which ones did everyone download?

I think you're using the best version. Toriyama World are known for being a good group, in terms of translation and video quality. I personally watch Bleach fansubs from Lunar, mainly because they keep themselves up-to-date and the translation is better than your average 'speed-sub' group.

Incidently, you're a legend for using fansubs on a 56k modem. I have broadband, so it usually only takes an hour to pick up an episode.

I wouldn't have even contemplated downloading without broadband, I only have the basic broadband but it only costs £2 a month more than normal dial-up! It takes on average 1 1/2 to 2 hours to download an episode of something, although when I downloaded episode 10 of Pretty Cure it took 10 hours :shock:

I also download Bleach by Lunar. I was tempted to download someone else's torrent because it was out a whole day earlier :lol: but decided to stick with Lunar!!

Paul wrote:
I think you're using the best version. Toriyama World are known for being a good group, in terms of translation and video quality. I personally watch Bleach fansubs from Lunar, mainly because they keep themselves up-to-date and the translation is better than your average 'speed-sub' group.

Incidently, you're a legend for using fansubs on a 56k modem. I have broadband, so it usually only takes an hour to pick up an episode.
Yes i noticed Lunar have about 21 episodes now where as Toriyama World only have about 10....i think. Do you think it would be alright if after this one i switched to Lunar, would it make much difference to the quality etc.

Thanks for that legend thing, when i realised how long it was going to take i kind of realised i must be the only one not using broadband. But all the same i am not put off, i am determined to watch all the anime i can. I can't say my parents are too happy about it though, since i have to leave the computer running all day and no one can use the phone, i hope to get my dad to switch to broardband soon though, after all it is only about £3 more than we have to pay now.
Oh yeah, i'm now at 80% downloaded

Chihiro is the other fansubbers I was talking about and again they have the next episode before Lunar (ep. 21) again I'm tempted but I'll be patient :lol:

So if anyone is interested? episode 21 of Bleach is ready to download by Chihiro!!

I really feel kinda stupid for trying to download without broadband, i just didn't really think about it before i did it, i also didn't really think that so many people had broadband either. Oh well, i shall continue all the same.

What would be the difference if i did switch from TW to Lunar?

Charter_Mage said:
What would be the difference if i did switch from TW to Lunar?

Nothing much, just the odd difference in translating a word or the style of subtitling.
Sometimes it can be the visual quality.

Charter_Mage said:
I really feel kinda stupid for trying to download without broadband, i just didn't really think about it before i did it, i also didn't really think that so many people had broadband either. Oh well, i shall continue all the same.

The only problem you may come across is you might get withdrawal :lol: and wish you could download a bit quicker!!

Miaka-chan wrote:
The only problem you may come across is you might get withdrawal and wish you could download a bit quicker!!
Ah yes, anime withdrawal symtoms, i have experienced them before (as i'm sure every anime fan has), they can be quite crippling.
I am begining to feel that way myself, still waiting for my first two volumes of Fruits Basket manga to arrive, i feel like i have been waiting years, and looking at my downloading window willing it to move faster.[/b]

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan wrote:
The only problem you may come across is you might get withdrawal and wish you could download a bit quicker!!
Ah yes, anime withdrawal symtoms, i have experienced them before (as i'm sure every anime fan has), they can be quite crippling.
I am begining to feel that way myself, still waiting for my first two volumes of Fruits Basket manga to arrive, i feel like i have been waiting years, and looking at my downloading window willing it to move faster.[/b]

I get withdrawal from Bleach and Peach Girl :lol:

I love Yuki and Kyo in manga form even more than in their anime form :D I got fedup waiting for my vol1 of Fruits Basket manga and ended up getting a billingual copy from Japan :D

I can't wait until Bleach has downloaded, it's now at 90%. And i would like to download Peach Girl as well, it was one of the ones i was thinking of downloading when i was looking through the list at AnimeSuki.
I'm not sure how much longer i can wait for Fruits Basket, i get up and see if it has come in the post every morning, and i think i'm going to go insane waiting. I ordered it from anime-on-line and since they are usually so quick with dvds i thought it was sure to get here in no time, it appears they are not so good with manga though.

I know this is quite random, but what is KKJ about, is it a shortened name?

Charter_Mage said:
I can't wait until Bleach has downloaded, it's now at 90%. And i would like to download Peach Girl as well, it was one of the ones i was thinking of downloading when i was looking through the list at AnimeSuki.
I'm not sure how much longer i can wait for Fruits Basket, i get up and see if it has come in the post every morning, and i think i'm going to go insane waiting. I ordered it from MVM and since they are usually so quick with dvds i thought it was sure to get here in no time, it appears they are not so good with manga though.

I know this is quite random, but what is KKJ about, is it a shortened name?

I get all my manga from United Publications, if they have it in stock it takes 2 days, if they order it in, no more than 7-10 days!

Somewhere on this forum I recommended Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, which is what KKJ is short for!

I tend to order manga from http://www.amazon.co.uk. They're considerably cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, fairly fast (with what they have in stock), and offer free delivery on orders worth over £19. The only problem I have is finding what I want; they seem to have issues with labelling things properly.

Colin said:
I tend to order manga from http://www.amazon.co.uk. They're considerably cheaper than anywhere else I've seen, fairly fast (with what they have in stock), and offer free delivery on orders worth over £19. The only problem I have is finding what I want; they seem to have issues with labelling things properly.

I prefer a friendly phonecall to actually ordering online, besides I don't have a card of any description (except my Boots advantage card :lol: ). I always phone my order in to UP1 and usually end up having a long chat with the great guys who run the place!! Monday I ended up chatting for 1/2 an hour about new yaoi manga releases and the lack of decent shoujo anime releases :lol:

Back