Bleach

It seemed like that was the moment Isshin and Masaki met, as she introduced herself (I'm guessing that Captain as Isshin). This chapter is pretty much what we fans have been waiting for for years, so this is good.

I fecking called it. Last week I said that Isshin's surname was most likely Shiba and that he was most likely the Captain of Squad 10. In discussions with friends last week, I called it.

Joshawott said:
I fecking called it. Last week I said that Isshin's surname was most likely Shiba and that he was most likely the Captain of Squad 10. In discussions with friends last week, I called it.

That might have been hinted at very early on considering how similar Kaien and Ichigo looked. Seems like he was indeed the 10th Division Captain aswell which i guessed was about right. I don't recall Rangiku or Hitsugaya running into Isshin during the Arrancar Arc, though Rangiku must have noticed Isshin in Ichigos Arms before the battle with Aizen. Good to see the classic Aizen line..."All according to plan"

Cloud Strife said:
Joshawott said:

That might have been hinted at very early on considering how similar Kaien and Ichigo looked. Seems like he was indeed the 10th Division Captain aswell which i guessed was about right. I don't recall Rangiku or Hitsugaya running into Isshin during the Arrancar Arc, though Rangiku must have noticed Isshin in Ichigos Arms before the battle with Aizen. Good to see the classic Aizen line..."All according to plan"
I think everyone pretty much everyone had guessed there was some connection between Ichigo and Kaien. As for 10th division, I decided that was the logical one as during the Turn Back The Pendulum Arc, it was noted that the previous captain had recently passed away and Hitsugaya is pretty young, so it was obvious that there was a Captain between them. I looked up the meanings of each of the insignias of the Squads that weren't accounted for following TBTP and 10's was mystery and egoism - which I felt fits Isshin to a t.

Great chapter this week. 530
Focused more on Masaki being adopted to the Ishida family more than anything and of course Shiba getting attacked at the end of the chapter.
My thoughts as always here

Despite that...do we finally see a proper Vasto Lorde at the end?

Considering the fact that the only confirmed VL so far has been Halibal, i wonder if this is where we see Isshin use the final getsuga tenshou since VL's are meant to be way above Captains...would explain why he lost his reiatsu in a way aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloud Strife said:
Despite that...do we finally see a proper Vasto Lorde at the end?

I've kinda lost track as to whether Vasto Lords exist or were just thought to exist, everything got really messed up. I could of sworn Aizen said at one point he'd yet to encounter one to recruit.

I think we should be more interested in that mask, near identical to ichigo's from a while back.

After a week without the chapter, Bleach comes back this week.
Shiba confronts that strange/person/hollow that attacked him. Masaki on her way to help but got told off about with her choices.
Oh and Aizen appears which is always a good thing.
My thoughts/review
http://youtu.be/Z63j49fe2Ps

Back