Bleach

After reading a lot of this online, I've finally purchased the first eight volumes of the manga. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Bleach oozes style, from the characters themselves to the smooth action scenes. The more Bleach you read, the more you want.

Ichigo is one of my favourite manga and anime characters, once any so utterly stylish. The rest of the cast are varied and interesting, managing not to fall deep into the smouldering pit of cliche. Bleach seems different from many of the series on the Shounen Jump range; deeper and more powerful.

Anyway, who else loves this first rate series?

Ive got the first 2 volumes of manga, but I decided to switch to the anime which has gotten pretty crap :lol: , I guess I'll have to go back to the manga one day.

Chomolungma said:
Anyway, who else loves this first rate series?

I do! :D

Bleach is great. I have only actually read the first three volumes, but I am waiting until I have some spare money to buy the rest that are currently available.

The first time that I read the volumes that I have, I read them again straight away. The characters are probably what I enjoy most about Bleach, though I also loved it when it went into the story of Ichigo's mother, as it took a little break from the non-stop (though not mindless, or unwanted) action that preceded it to better develop Ichigo as a character.

Ramen89 said:
Ive got the first 2 volumes of manga, but I decided to switch to the anime which has gotten pretty crap :lol: , I guess I'll have to go back to the manga one day.

It's funny that you should say that, as my friend has been showing me some of the latest episodes (eps40+?) released by fansubbers, and to me they did seem quite dull, and somewhat lacking in what made me love the early episodes/chapters of Bleach.

But I just thought that it might have been because I had not seen what happened inbetween what I have read and what my friend showed me.
It would seem that I was wrong. =P

I for one have to admit that I adore Bleach, the scathing action, deeply rooted characterisation and epic plotting all combine to create one of the most consistly impressive manga titles I've ever laid my grubby mitts on.

The look of the manga as Chomo mentioned is so, so stylish, Tite Kubo has a real gift for graphic design and the layout and overall pacing of his work is an all too rare delight in the frantic world of action manga.

The action's easy to follow and the scripting is remarkably tight for a story of Bleach's ilk, managing to sidestep lengthy stretches of exposition and the more well worn staples of shounen titles, to deliver a fantastic little read............roll on volume 9. :)

Edit: As you guys mentioned above some of the more recent episodes have been a bit lacking but the 45th instalment was a return to form that sees the series picking back up some of the more interesting plot threads, my interest has been peaked all over again and I can't wait for episode #46.

I recently caught up on the manga and have now read the first 8 volumes, certainly one of the better Shonen Jump titles out there...the trouble is, each volume goes by so quickly that one at a time just doesn't feel like enough.

As far as the anime goes I've only seen episodes 1-9, got a lot of catching up to do...

Well i'm still happy to say i adore every second of the anime, and finish every episode wanting more, i guess i'm just Bleach crazy :D .

I don't usually get the manga for a series i've watched or been watching, but i have been considering Bleach and i would definitly get it if i had a bit more money. So far been resisting reading the future story online

I've been watching the anime and reading the manga (on the internet - I'll get the books soon, I promise! :oops: ) and I really like the series, although as has been noted some of the more recent episodes have dipped a bit.
I don't know how Shonen Jump does it - the various stories all follow a similar theme, yet I still end up getting hooked on them. :D
Bleach is probably my favourite one though, the characters have such great personalities.

Go Ichigo Go!!! Lol. Very cool manga. I started reading the manga. Then stopped and started watching the anime. Wanted more because I got up to date and am now reading the manga again :D.

General thoughts:

Chapters 170-180 or so
Aizen faking his own death? :twisted: Good twist, what was seen of Aizen prior to his return was that he seemed reasonable, caring and content, but to see him turn out to be the one behind it all was quite something. And Ichimaru, who seemed to be set up as a villain, is just his pawn. And Kaname, too.

Chapters 188-193
Isshin the Shinigami, eh? Urahara, Yourichi and Isshin are all interesting characters. The half-hollow shinigamis are pretty interesting, but I can't wait to get back to the Soul Soceity, Hitsugaya and Rukia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chomolungma said:
General thoughts:

Chapters 188-193
Isshin the Shinigami, eh? Urahara, Yourichi and Isshin are all interesting characters. The half-hollow shinigamis are pretty interesting, but I can't wait to get back to the Soul Soceity, Hitsugaya and Rukia.

The way of the two half hollow shinigamis arrived in the real world really reminded me of how a scene on the early eps of dragon ball z of Vegeta and Nappa came down to earth.But what i found the most surprise is when all that time Ichigo is fighting Rukia's brother and beats the crap out of him ,Rukia tells Ichigo that she wants to stay in soul society.What a waste! Oh well, the Aizen plot was pretty nice twist and i hope Bleach doesn't fall into the depths of becoming another dragon ball z with soul slayers.I bet ya top pound that there going to be another level after ban kai and that Ichigo is the only one that can reach this level.^^ Sry if i'm critising Bleach but i wonder where the story will go from chapter 193. The characters are the only thing thats holding the series together but hopefully it would explain a bit more on Ichigo's dad becoming a soul slayer holder and all which leaves quite a big plot hole to fill in.

Yeah, I can't help feel that the execuation arc left more plot points to be resolved, then leapt straight into a new arc removed from the previous epic. Here's all the plot points I think Bleach needs to solve, and I may forget some:

-Aizen taking over Menos
-Aizen being defeated at some point
-Ichimaru and Ringaku's relasionship
-Ichimaru and Hitsugaya rematch
-Tousen and Konamaru's relasionship
-Rukia and Ichigo's relasionship
-Hitsugaya and Hinamori
-Kira and how various characters interact with him
-Yamato's power
-Various character's Bankai
-Ishida and Ichigo rematch
-Ishida and Mayuri rematch
-Kenpachi reaching Shikai and even Bankai
-Yourichi and Foi Song's past
-More about Urahara's past
-Isshin's past
-Ichigo's hollow side
-The Vaizards
-etc

So much to fit in...

Bleach is awesome, the latest manga chaps rock, i mean
Hitsugaya, Renji, Rukia, and other death gods, joining Ichigo's school, that does rock! but i wonder what Aizen will do next, Bleach just rooooockkkkkksss :D

Wicked 195 chapter!!!!
Bleach keeps getting better

Rukia's back ,maybe she can teach them how to drink using a straw ^^

ive got up to volum 10 in the Manga (i bought them), and ive seen up to episode 62 in the Anime. I have to say that i really enjoy Bleach, the characters and story are brilliant.

Back