Bleach series end date and Hollywood adaptation revealed

And what about this face

Luffy-monkey-d-luffy-8638544-640-476.jpg

If I look at him for too long, I know he'll be in my nightmares. The fact he has rubbery limbs (worst superpower ever) only creeps me out further.

I just want to see Vash's reaction when he realises Luffy is probably one of the most normal looking One Piece characters.

Luffy is adorable :s

Toriyama's artstyle took some getting used to as well, initially, so I'm sure if you gave One Piece a chance you'd get sucked in. Anyway Vash, surely you should have praise for a series where not everyone looks like pouty supermodels?

R

Haven't seen one piece yet but I'm sure he's just as good of a hero as
Goku
Naruto
Ichigo

I just need to finish the dragonball series then it's one piece

Even tho this is a bleach live thread

In regards to One Piece, I only own the first 9 volumes (Well, the 3-in-1s for 4-9. In fact, I only started the series because volumes 1-3 were £1 each in Borders' closing sale). Oda's art style takes a lot of getting used to.

The series has never ranked too highly on the "OMG I must buy!" scale. Then again, I don't own any Dragonball manga either.

Rui said:
Luffy is adorable :s

Toriyama's artstyle took some getting used to as well, initially, so I'm sure if you gave One Piece a chance you'd get sucked in. Anyway Vash, surely you should have praise for a series where not everyone looks like pouty supermodels?

R

lol, I guess your right. It's just that I do genuinely find Luffy (and the guy with the nose) to be slightly creepy and menacing...I shall give it a go at some point, though.

Vash, if you can get accustomed with the weird art in One Piece then I'm pretty sure you will really like it. All the stories of the major arcs are based on strong sense of friendship, loyalty and hope. The main focus of each protagonist is to reach his/her dream (pure and noble ideals, just to stay generic without spoilering). They fight only if necessary, and kill only if unavoidable. I think there are many analogies between One Piece and Trigun, so since you love Trigun I suppose you will find a lot of things to love even in One Piece.

Teo

teonzo said:
Vash, if you can get accustomed with the weird art in One Piece then I'm pretty sure you will really like it. All the stories of the major arcs are based on strong sense of friendship, loyalty and hope. The main focus of each protagonist is to reach his/her dream (pure and noble ideals, just to stay generic without spoilering). They fight only if necessary, and kill only if unavoidable. I think there are many analogies between One Piece and Trigun, so since you love Trigun I suppose you will find a lot of things to love even in One Piece.

Teo

2891277.jpg

Beautiful....

daichi383 said:
I'm so looking forward to Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden though :p

Is that the spin off Rock Lee's spring time of youth mini series?
Surely that's not being made into an anime?!

As for Bleach ending, i bought the first 3 series and stopped there as i thought that arc was brilliant, the moment that the arc ended it seemed to hit filler fodder country and all direction and interest was lost for me. Still watch and collect the films though - they seem okay enough.

And a Live action Bleach? I can't see this ending well, suddenly horrific images of Dragonball fly through my mind *shivers*

Hmmmm... i didnt actually think people that are annoyed by one pieces art style still existed. i got over it pretty quickly.

Tachi said:
daichi383 said:
I'm so looking forward to Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden though :p

Is that the spin off Rock Lee's spring time of youth mini series?
Surely that's not being made into an anime?!

As for Bleach ending, i bought the first 3 series and stopped there as i thought that arc was brilliant, the moment that the arc ended it seemed to hit filler fodder country and all direction and interest was lost for me. Still watch and collect the films though - they seem okay enough.

And a Live action Bleach? I can't see this ending well, suddenly horrific images of Dragonball fly through my mind *shivers*

Hit the nail on the head my friend. there are a few flashes of brilliance after the end of the soul society arc (every scene involving ulquiorra and grimmjow fighting) but they are few and far between.

The show had an spark of the interesting right up to the time Ichigo couldn't so much as fight a gnat without exploding into a pool of blood.

daichi383 said:
Hit the nail on the head my friend. there are a few flashes of brilliance after the end of the soul society arc (every scene involving ulquiorra and grimmjow fighting) but they are few and far between.

Agreed, i did like the fight against Ulquiorra too. Aizen's "fight" turned cat and mouse and for all the hype that was built up i was rather let down by the end.

The full bring arc seemed to take a while to get into the meat of things, back story or each member and everything that happened just resulted in a very quick defeat which was abit of a let down.

Its as if tite is unsure how long to guage the major fights so the Aizen finale was too long and the latest guy (Ginjo or something) was too short.

I really liked the Fullbring arc until the Soul Reapers came back.

I think the problem with the whole Aizen thing was, Tite Kubo probably got into a rut of "How the hell is Ichigo going to defeat him?!" so he bullcrapped the Final Getsuga Tensho thing. I wish we had seem more of the Visoreds during that arc though. Oh well, considering that Shinji, Rose and Kensei are in the Gotei 13 again, I hope we can see them kicking some ass in the final arc - apparently we see Unohana fight as well!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back