"Bleach" Anime to End?

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: ANN.

Anime News Network have reported that the J-Rock band "ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D" (Known for "Complication", the second opening theme of hit anime "Durarara!!") posted a message on their blog that their new song "Song for..." will serve as a fitting ending theme for Bleach's final season. "Song for..." had recently been confirmed as the new ending song for Bleach, yet, this comment was quickly removed.

With the "Bleach" anime quickly catching up with the manga source material, it is likely that the series is doing what the anime "Gin Tama" did recently; going on hiatus for just under a year to allow the manga to catch up. As it stands, the manga is only 18 chapters ahead of the anime, with each episode being comprised of 3-4 manga chapters worth of story; so the producers probably didn't predict a lengthy filler arc to be worth the production costs.

This final season of "Bleach", known as the "Deicide Arc" (As the titles of all the chapters in this mini-arc preceeded their title with "Deicide" and then a number) comes just before a timeskip in the story.

Recent episodes of Bleach are available to be streamed legally for free at Crunchyroll 2 hours after Japanese broadcast if you have a paid membership, or one week otherwise.

That wouldnt surprise me, simply because i dont know how they would continue the story after Ichigo lost all his powers with the Final Getsuga against Aizen at least filler wise

It would make sense for them to do what Gintama did and go on hiatus for awhile to allow the manga to get well ahead again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... let's see, I see it as either:

A - The band got the end of the long, loooong Arrancar Arc confused with the end of the series itself.

B - Bleach is ending, but Bleach Z starts the following week or month.

C - The series goes on hiatus for a few months.

D - The series ends completely and in a few years the rest of the Manga material gets released as OVAs.

Either way the Bleach property was designated popular enough to get a fourth theatrical movie, so I can't see it just being dropped altogether.

I've said it before, I'd be more for a hiatus rather than trash filler. A lot of the fandom have been put off by the filler arcs. I was especially annoyed by the placement of them. In other animes (e.g. DBZ), they fit the fillers after arcs had finished, but Bleach put them in just as the story was getting to the most exciting parts. This "pulling the rug" from under the fans feet really got on my nerves.

CloudedMinds said:
That wouldnt surprise me, simply because i dont know how they would continue the story after Ichigo lost all his powers with the Final Getsuga against Aizen at least filler wise

It would make sense for them to do what Gintama did and go on hiatus for awhile to allow the manga to get well ahead again
Well the current manga arc involves
Some random guy turns up and he's got all ichigo's powers or something

King Jimmeh said:
I was especially annoyed by the placement of them. In other animes (e.g. DBZ), they fit the fillers after arcs had finished, but Bleach put them in just as the story was getting to the most exciting parts. This "pulling the rug" from under the fans feet really got on my nerves.
It's why I stopped watching it. Who cares about some freaking Princess?

Jayme said:
King Jimmeh said:
I was especially annoyed by the placement of them. In other animes (e.g. DBZ), they fit the fillers after arcs had finished, but Bleach put them in just as the story was getting to the most exciting parts. This "pulling the rug" from under the fans feet really got on my nerves.
It's why I stopped watching it. Who cares about some freaking Princess?
I can tell ya, I certainly don't. It's not like the story did anything new or interesting. Just a bit typical from what I remember.

Paradox295 said:
CloudedMinds said:

Well the current manga arc involves
Some random guy turns up and he's got all ichigo's powers or something
Well, Ginjo says he wants to get Ichigo's powers back, not that he has them

Currently, the anime is only 14 manga chapters away from the end of the Deicide arc; As each episode is roughly comprised of 3 manga chapters, that's roughly 4.6 episodes (hence the fillers recently; they're obviously trying to fill a season) I calculated that even if the anime goes on hiatus for a year after the Deicide arc, that will give about 21 episodes of material.

Then, during the period those 21 episodes air, there will be 21 new chapters released (another 7 episodes), making 28; which is just a bit more than the average season. So to be honest, I wish Bleach would go on a hiatus of at least two years.

Due to the upcoming timeskip there's no better time to stop production, wait a few years, and then start the series up with a new subtitle.

Too bad they didn't go on Hiatus after the first arc. That Bundt arc put me right off it. I couldn't care less about any of it now, or any other Shounen Jump testosterone fueled gob shyte.

Ryo Chan said:
forget the pre-shipp fillers

it should go on hiatus now and stop all the bloody fillers we have atm
Why IS Naruto on fillers anyway? There's 2 whole arcs to go to before the current one.

Back