BLAME! heads to the UK on Home Video by Manga Animatsu

N

NormanicGrav

Distributor Manga Animatsu have announced they will be releasing the 2017 film BLAME! for the United Kingdom and Ireland in association with French distributor Dybex.

BLAME-5-1.png

Animated by Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia) and based on the 1996 manga of the same name written by Tsutomu Nihei (Knights of Sidonia), BLAME! was distributed as a Netflix Original film worldwide on May 2017 in multiple dub and subtitle langauges. You can visit the Netflix page here.

The film will be released on 28th May 2018 for Blu-ray, DVD and also digital download in both English & Japanese audio with English subtitles. In addition the film will also be shown in competition this month at the ANIMA Festival, Brussels in the Feature Films category. Manga’s COO Jerome Mazandarani provided a statement on the announcement of the acquisition:

“We are very excited to be partnering with the incredibly talented team at Polygon Pictures and our friends at Dybex on this multi-territory release. It’s a ground-breaking piece of animation that redefines what anime can be and we’re very proud to be bringing it to home entertainment.”
PLOT SYNOPSIS

In the distant technological future, civilization has reached its ultimate Net-based form. An “infection” in the past caused the automated systems to spiral out of control, resulting in a multi-leveled city structure that replicates itself infinitely in all directions. Now humanity has lost access to the city’s controls and is hunted down to be purged by the defense system known as the Safeguard. With a remaining enclave known as the Electro-Fishers facing extinction and all escape routes blocked, the sudden arrival of Killy the Wanderer, on his quest to find a human who possesses the Net Terminal Gene, is the village’s only hope.
PROMO MATERIAL

BLAME! have a couple promo videos for anyone interested!

BLAME! is available to watch on Netflix and the original manga source material is available to read by publisher Vertical.

Source: Manga Animatsu Press Release

Continue reading...

Nice one! I'll be 'avin' some of that!

Got to say, a bit surprissed Mangamatsu went for this after their experienc with Knights of Sidonia, where (if I recall correctly) Jerome cited the fact that it had been available on Netflix as a factor that hurt sales.

But, whatever. Day one purchase for me!

Wait, Manga Animatsu?

Is that Manga Entertainment, Animatsu Entertainment, Manga Animatsu, Jerome Entertainment?

Then again, I wasn't aware Manga UK started up there own online store, so shows how much I've been following things over the last 12 months :/

Wait, Manga Animatsu?

Is that Manga Entertainment, Animatsu Entertainment, Manga Animatsu, Jerome Entertainment?

Then again, I wasn't aware Manga UK started up there own online store, so shows how much I've been following things over the last 12 months :/

lol

Manga Animatsu is their official name, but they generally go by Manga Entertainment these days with Animatsu being used as a leftover for the titles they licensed a while back.

Nice one! I'll be 'avin' some of that!

Got to say, a bit surprissed Mangamatsu went for this after their experienc with Knights of Sidonia, where (if I recall correctly) Jerome cited the fact that it had been available on Netflix as a factor that hurt sales.

But, whatever. Day one purchase for me!

Yeah, it's a Netflix Original so it will never leave the service. I many buy physical if not available elsewhere, so I won't be getting it.

Yeah, it's a Netflix Original so it will never leave the service. I many buy physical if not available elsewhere, so I won't be getting it.

For reasons I can't really properly express, something about that situation upsets me. Sidonia really is a CRACKING sci-fi show. I can't help but feel that a lot of reviews concentrated unfairly on the visuals (which actually aren't that bad, ironically - and even occasionally stunning in the mecha battles.)

I'm hoping once the entirety of it is available Stateside I can nab it on disc in full. It's something I'd like to be able to slot into my player and marathon all the way through.

I ordered the initial JP LE release on day-one it went up for pre-order, six months before it's November 1st release. It came with a five piece 1/35 scale action figure set, a sticker, and a mini scroll.

blamejp1.jpg

blamejp3.jpg

Back