• Ice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poison

• Electric

• Total voters
Miaka-chan said:
BTW, I never did like the combination types in later games. It's so complicated when you first start playing. Although having said that, I was impressed with Quagsire, a water type immune to electric attacks because he's also a ground type :p

would he not be weak from flying types?

valha said:
Miaka-chan said:
BTW, I never did like the combination types in later games. It's so complicated when you first start playing. Although having said that, I was impressed with Quagsire, a water type immune to electric attacks because he's also a ground type :p

Yes, and the weirdest thing, water types :shock:

Shades said:
Some of the normal types are quite good actually, most of the dragons come under this type, Dragonair anyone
Nope! I spent ages building a Dratini into a Dragonair and then a Dragonite (about 30 hours :shock: ) and he was shite :lol:
The worst normal type are the Nidoran male and female pokemon. Nidoking is a bit better than Nidoqueen, but not by much!

Both Drogonite and NidoKing both had the privaldge to don my final six and they were both Excelent choices and i never regreated picking either of them so you obvioulsy dont know what your talking about

Shades said:
Both Drogonite and NidoKing both had the privaldge to don my final six and they were both Excelent choices and i never regreated picking either of them so you obvioulsy dont know what your talking about
I beg to differ! Normal types don't have the same oomph!
I have played red and blue, maybe 200 times and I have literally tried the Elite Four with every single pokemon (the first 150 that is). The most useless lump is Chansey and one of the most impressive is Raticate (only if you teach it dig though). So I feel I do know what I'm talking about :wink:
Put it this way, I am the sad person who bought an extra copy of red, so that when I wanted to start again, I could transfer all my pokemon into the spare, so that I didn't have to delete them!

You could've just Bought an Action Replay to store the saves. :p

My favourite is Dragon type. They look amazing for one thing and they can be amazing if raised right and if a few TM's are used.

Other than them I like Water/Ice because of the EXTREMELY powerful attacks which can cause stat changes and freeze. Really? What's better than Blizzard? Or Ice Beam? Or Hydro Pump? I mean wow. I love these types so I pick... ICE! Articuno is also the best Legendary.

Chibi Yosho said:
Articuno is also the best Legendary.
I agree with you on that one! Although I did like the Legendary Dogs in Gold & Silver, but the birds weren't much cop (see they were so uninteresting I can't remember their names :lol: ).

I think Pokemon is the same as anything else, people have different preferences, but that doesn't make your preferences any less important to you!

I like Articuno as well, I don't mind Zapdos but Moltres isn't very good at all. I prfer the legendary birds to the dogs in the recent games.

valha said:
Miaka-chan said:

.. and grass types :roll:

Against Dragon pokemon, Articuno is easily the best at beating them.. but personally I think that Zapdos was the better all-rounder when it came to the Legendary Birds (it's Thunder attack was usually a one-hit KO against most pokemon..)

By the way, what's everyone's problem with normal pokemon? They can be so cute! And so powerful! Pigeot, for example was amazing and one of my best pokemon ever. If Miaka-Chan is right Ratatta can become amazing, too. ^_^

Normal types are just fine, there are lots of cute ones, they just arn't quite powerful enough, plus their attacks are never as cool as the other type pokemon, though i agree, i also managed to train my Pigeot up to be one of my strongest

Pideot is crap! (pardon my language :oops: ), utter sh*te would be better! He's OK til you get to the Elite Four. Spearow/Fearow is the way to go for normal/bird types, ultra powerful, just don't let spearow evolve too early, wait til he learns drill peck (about level 26).
Normal types just aren't powerful, I think it's because they can learn almost anything, so they don't excel at one particular thing - my theory anyway!!

The thing with normal pokemon isnt brute strengh or stats its there aboulty to adapt and take on any foe if you train them right and give them the right moves that is

Psychic and Water were the best by far. My tag-team of Alakazam (complete with Electric Punch TM) and Blastoise, both at Level 100, could eat the League for breakfast.

...Awww, now look what this thread has done! I wanna play Pokemon again...

Back