Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X

• X2

• Taktics

• Total voters
I voted FFVIII coz All the Characters Have a Personailty of there own and the way the Story line is Set, its so Amazin!!
The graphics are much better then FFVII coz FFVII the people bodies in are like Cubes and sometimes there body parts disconnct from each other.
Back to VIII....
And The FMV's Are Bl**dy Brilliant Dude!! And plus all the magic u can get is good and The GF's Are really helpful and are Powerful...
The Battle System is Amazing as well as its not hard ot figure out!!...
The best Characters i think in VIII Are Selphie,Zell, Seifer and Irvine.

=D i would Explain About the characters but naaa

OMG! THERES A FINAL FANTASY X-2 INTERNATIONAL! ~breathes#

i wish i had it =9 im playing x-2 right now but now im meeeega sad X.X

buuuuuut i think all the final fatasys are good in thier own way buuuut outa all of them it has to be

FINAL FATASY VII
&
FINAL FATASY X

~orgasms~

I vote FFVII, because of its awesome storyline, a great range of interesting characters and awesome range of Magic, thanks to the use of Materia.

FFX is my second favourite, but I do admit, its more inventive than FFVII. No more normal leveling up, the sphere Grid was awesome and actually the first FF to have a second Language called the "Al Bhed". Too few decent characters though.

I dunno why people like FFVIII, it was so boring. It wasn't even a Proper FF game in my opinion. The characters are flat like hell *cough Quistis and Laguna cough* and the junction system was annoying. But still, its better than FFXII

And I'm happy FFXII isn't in the poll, since it doesn't deserve to be.

And I just noticed... What the hell, this topic is nearly 2 years old

No contest for me, Final Fantasy VII will always be my favourite. Predominantly for the great story line - it went so deep, and while it might have been a little over whelming, there was always a desire to keep on playing through whilst trying to take it all in.

The many different characters were a real contribution as well, I enjoyed the frequent run ins with the Turks a lot, I think they were designed well - Reno in particular, looked cool.

The music was brillaint as well though, there's no doubting Nobuo Uematsu's talent, it holds true for every Final Fantasy title he's worked on in my opinion, the same goes for Blue Dragon.

I have to say 7 as it was the first one I played and holds a special place in my heart. Although I love the love story in 8 which brought a tear to my eye when it ended and 10's story was superb too especially the twist at the end. 12 was also brilliant I loved the leveling up and the story, I really liked the new battle menus once I got used to them too.

I love them all

I'm a massive FF fan, but my favorite FF game isn't even on your poll! FFXII is my favorite FF, easily! The battle system in FFXII was just a class act and the visuals are the best I've ever seen in a game. Ivalice is my absolutel favorite game world ever! I spent about 130+ hours on it, as well, which is the most time I've ever spent on a game by far!

But, because FFXII wasn't there, I had a tough choice between FFX and FFVII, and I eventually chose FFVII. FFX's battle system is one of my favorites ever, but FFVII's characters and world give it the slight edge!

I also vote FFVII. There's no competition in my eyes. Fantastic character developments and side stories. Plus I nearlly completed everything there was to do on that game. Pulled in a few hours on that save I can tell you. I did complete everything on FFX. Enjoyed the game but found FFVII more of a challange.
I wouldn't turn my nose up at FFXII either. Playing it at the moment and I'm having a good time. :D

FFVII, without thinking.

First 3d game in the series, and definitly the greatest battle system at the time.

Plus the characters, f*** yeah!

Hyaku said:
FFVII, without thinking.

First 3d game in the series, and definitly the greatest battle system at the time.

Plus the characters, f*** yeah!
The PS1 games are kind of 2.5D though... the battles are 3D, but the maps are all very low quality models running over pre-rendered wallpapers. Besides a shift to 3D isn't necessarily a good thing... the five poly character models in 7 have none of the charm or expression of the sprites in the SNES / Tactics games, or in the better looking 8 and 9.

As Blasphemeous as it is to criticise FF7, I'm surprised i've never heard more people concede that it is a VERY ugly game. Possibly even a step back from FF6.

kupoartist said:
As Blasphemeous as it is to criticise FF7, I'm surprised i've never heard more people concede that it is a VERY ugly game. Possibly even a step back from FF6.

I have to disagree. Sure, the character models (outside of battles) were ugly, but the pre-rendered backgrounds were great! They were brilliant IMO.

Looks like 7 is winning again, then again the Materia handling was so much better in 7 than it was in any of the following games as it meant you could have characters using any magics or summons you wanted and could customise them accordingly

Outlawstar said:
As much as I lve XII Im gonna have to go with X.
Everything about it was amazing and memorable and one of the best soundtracks ever.

Can't really disagree with that! FFX is an absolutely fantastic game - it was the game that inspired my obsession with videogames, anime and all things Japanese, really. It had a huge effect on me! ^_^

Outlawstar said:
As much as I lve XII Im gonna have to go with X.
Everything about it was amazing and memorable and one of the best soundtracks ever.

I have to agree the soundtrack at the start during the Blitzball game was amazing, really blew me away. I might have to start replaying this now that I am back working on shifts again

Ah well i suppose i'm going to have to go with 8 since it was the first one i played, yes the combat wasnt the best of the series but the storyline just sucked me in and refused to let go. I always remember when my friends came round they literally had to tear me away from it, that game was a major obsession of mine. Oh and Irvine has to be one of my favourite FF characters....new thread idea anyone? Fav FF character?

7 comes in around 2nd or 3rd. It seems that FF7 and Evangelion share the "overrated but deserving it" title amongst a lot of people. Say what you want about it - it was popular and introduced a hellofalot of people to rpgs.

I never really caught onto to 6 or 9, i could never bring myself to step away from the technical worlds of 7 and 8, standing in "original" FF territory made me feel....uncomfortable.

10 i have really mixed feelings about, the storyline was top notch, as was the combat system but Tidus.....he was far too happy compared to Cloud and Squall, give me angst!

CitizenGeek said:
Can't really disagree with that! FFX is an absolutely fantastic game
I can, and will disagree :p. FFX is a medicore game with sometime impressive production values. The storyline is on par with Metal Gear Solid 2 levels of silliness, and the characters are so cookie cutter that they must be on the Maryland payroll. I think the creative staff were out of ideas when they made the game... which is why there's a very limited number of enemy types with some NES era pallette swapping laziness going on, and the most unimpressive sidequests ever hacked out into any RPG ever. Getting the character's Ultimate weapons is an absolute embarrassment. Jump 200 thunderbolts to power up a secondary character's best weapon? How about: 'no, i'm finished with this dull game and its ear-violating voice acting already'?

I'd happily go back to any SNES or PSOne era FF game in any form, but FFX was the beginning of the end of my interest in the series... which is coincidentally, the beginning of them making obscene sums of money out of the franchise :p

Back