Best Dub?

Nyu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Nyu said:
New Dominion Tank Police

Tell me you're not serious? NDTP had a pretty bad dub IMO.

In my opinion it is a brilliant dub, taking in mind its a 14 year old show when it was redone. The main characters voices fit, they put the right amount of emotion into it and it just works in my eyes. Some of the background characters can be a bit hit and miss but the main dub cast was great.

Also i missed one out from my original list. Macross Plus has a bloody great dub aswell.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on NDTP - It was an average dub, just like the show IMO.

We can, however, agree on Macross Plus having an excellent dub! ^_^

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Azumanga Daioh yet. In my opinion, it's the only series I've seen so far to be far more enjoyable in the English than in the Japanese.

adamcube said:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Azumanga Daioh yet. In my opinion, it's the only series I've seen so far to be far more enjoyable in the English than in the Japanese.
I can't agree with that. Another ADV failure in my opinion. They just cannoy seem to get voice actors that can actually act well at all.

Fullmetal Alchemist is like the best Dub I seen so far. Chrono Crusade is pretty good, except Chrono's voice is too kiddish for me (except in his full demon form)

Bleach have a pretty good dub. The worst dub to come by are Fruit Basket, Neon genesis Evangelion and Excel Saga.

Chrono Demon said:
The worst dub to come by are Fruit Basket, Neon genesis Evangelion

Dude, what are you on? Fruits Basket's dub is awesome, it's better than the Japanese track IMO. And Eva is my favorite dub ever (mainly because of Alison Keith who's voice suits Misato so perfectly!).

Sy said:
Really? I thought she kinda made Misato sound like a dumb wench.

o_O

I can't believe you think that - well, I'm not going to try to change you're opinion, but that does seem pretty crazy to me. Misato English voice is 10 times better than it is in Japanese.

CitizenGeek said:
Sy said:
Really? I thought she kinda made Misato sound like a dumb wench.

o_O

I can't believe you think that - well, I'm not going to try to change you're opinion, but that does seem pretty crazy to me. Misato English voice is 10 times better than it is in Japanese.

Misato in English sounds like a hyperactive teenager. Absolutely nothing like her Japanese counterpart.

Sy said:
adamcube said:
I can't agree with that. Another ADV failure in my opinion. They just cannoy seem to get voice actors that can actually act well at all.

Osaka is... beyond all...

By the way - you are WTFDaveMustain, with a new name?

adamcube said:
Sy said:
adamcube said:

Osaka is... beyond all...

By the way - you are WTFDaveMustain, with a new name?

Sy aka Simon is Daves Pet Turtle

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Misato English voice is 10 times better than it is in Japanese.
Even if I am the almighty defender of dubs, I gotta disagree.

Nah, Misato in English has much, much more character than Misato in Japanese! I'm willing to debate wether or not the rest of Eva is better in English, but Alison Keith being better than Kotono Mitsuishi as Misato is just a FACT! ^_^

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:

Nah, Misato in English has much, much more character than Misato in Japanese! I'm willing to debate wether or not the rest of Eva is better in English, but Alison Keith being better than Kotono Mitsuishi as Misato is just a FACT! ^_^

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.

Alison Keith was absolute garbage in the first 8 or 9 episodes, until later on when she improved at about episode 15.

However she doesn't even come close to Kotono Mitsuishi.

Tiffany Grant was probably the worst performance in the show. Her performance was the same as taking an electric drill and putting it through both of your ear drums. The only good thing about it was that unlike Yuko Miyamura, the original voice for Asuka, Tiffany knows her German. That's it.

But what was really weird about the performance is that she made Asuka sound much older than Misato.

Neon Genesis Evangalion, Outlaw star and wolf's rain were decent dubs. FMA was also good (and NOT because Vig Mignogna voices Ed -.-) and so was Elfen Lied though I'd prefer FMA in japanese if it can be helped.

Lupus Inu said:
Chrono Demon said:
Fruit Basket
Why so? I thought the dub was fantastic and pretty well done.

Kyo's voice didn't suit it in my opinion, and Yuki didn't really sound as close as the Japanese counterpart, since I always thought his voice was always feminine.

Maybe I was pretty tough on Fruit Basket, cause rest of the Dubs was pretty okay.
Dude, what are you on? Fruits Basket's dub is awesome, it's better than the Japanese track IMO. And Eva is my favorite dub ever (mainly because of Alison Keith who's voice suits Misato so perfectly!).

Fruit Basket Japanese track I always prefer to the original =P

And as for Eva, I couldn't really stand the dub. I would the continued watching the show (as many people say it isn't totally mecha), but the dub was just... horrible in my opinion, that I couldn't watch it again.

Great teacher onizuka i can't watch the subs doesn't suit his character.
Cowboy bebop that was good voice acting.
Outlaw star well i never saw the japanesse well much of it i couldn't watch it in anything other than english really.
And tenchi but thats mainly becuase i watched it for two years on toonami.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:

Yep I agree that Allison Keith is far and away the better of the two.
If Im not mistaken she also plays Aisha-clan-clan in Outlawstar.

Back