Best Anime Soundtrack

niva

Completely Average High School Student
I know that to be an Anime fan you must enjoy the storyline and art of the show of your choosing, but I also want to know what is the best anime soundtrack to you?

I'm an instrumental lover with a bit of melody here and there...so .hack//series is going to be my pick...

Umm...what's yours? :oops: :oops:

.hack, mai-hime/otome and fullmoon wo sagashite have some of the best music i've heard in an anime

edit* damn it i almost spelt mai-hime the horrid dub way :s i'm loosing my powers

Yoko Kanno has never done me wrong. As well as creating music that meshes perfectly with the series/movie she's writing it for the OST's stand well as their own albums and not just like a collection for a soundtrack.

I'm tired of repeating the fact that Yoko Kanno is my favourite, so I'll nominate something I've heard lately - the Death Note soundtrack is awesome instrumental rock music, perhaps my favourite anime soundtrack of 2006.

I'm going to have to go for Yoko Kanno also, she seems to have played a part in almost every great anime soundtrack i can think of: Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Wolf's Rain.
But to name a few others i really like: Last Exile has a really good soundtrack, similar to Escaflowne i feel it has quite a epic movie type sound. I also really like Bleach, a great mix of rock with the slightly strange, always works well in doing what i feel soundtracks are meant to do (heighten your emotion, and make you feel what the images alone don't).

And finally my favourite of 2006: it has to be NANA, at very least my favourite opening and ending themes of any new series i've watched this year.
Thats at least 6, lol, it's hard to choose just one

Although Shiro Sagisu is awesome, the Bleach OST is really bland, housing the same thing, there's only a few good tunes, like "On the precipice of defeat" "Blaze of the Soul Reaper" and a few more.

Also for matching the pace of an anime Air Gears is bang on and something I really had to own, loved listening to it when I went track racing as it really got the adrenalin flowing as I blasted round the track

Totally the Samurai Champloo soundtrack since I do enjoy Hip-Hop. I also have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the Afro Samurai soundtrack since it's made by The RZA.

Ooooooh How could I forget Gintama, I really want this soundtrack especially if it have the Yui opening and the new ending Mr Rainman.

I love the music of Yoko Kanno. Pretty much every song she writes works perfectly with the show it is written for.

I love the epic scores of various Studio Ghibli films, especially Laputa: Castle In The Sky.

My favourite OST ever is either Hellsing (Studio Gonzo) or Tenkuu no Escaflowne.

EDIT - Forgot to mention the Macross Plus OST! Spellbinding, and once again Yoko Kanno.

Back