Best Anime Soundtrack

Cowboy Bebop's easily my favourite, but FLCL, Hellsing, and Beck are all up there too. In terms of artist, Yokko Kanno (Escaflowne, GitS: SAC) Joe Hisashi's stuff (pretty much any Miyazaki flim) and Taku Iwasaki (Witch Hunter Robin, ROD) all consistently deliver great soundtracks.

Although I love the soundtracks to a lot of the anime that i've watched, if I was forced to pick one, then for me it's probably the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA series. ( Well it'd have to be really, as it's the only anime soundtrack I have on my MP3 player. lol :roll: )

For some reason I was obsessed with this anime when it first came out, probably because it was the first anime I owned on VHS ( I think ) and contained everything I loved at the time - biker chicks with guns, power armour, explosions, high speed gun battles, homicidal robots, car chases, transforming motorbikes, rock music... ohh the list goes on. :D ( Oh , hang on a sec, what do I mean loved at the time..? I still love those things. :twisted: )

I liked the soundtrack for Cyber City Oedo 808 OVA series, though I heard the music wasn't the same as the music from the original Japanese source. Is this true?

Off-topic a notch, but I heard Manga Entertainment are releasing the Cyber City Oedo 808 series on DVD this year. Thought I'd add that.

Back