Berserk

I hope they use decent packaging for it as I’m tempted to place my pre-order there as well.

As there isn't a manga bargains thread I thought this would be the best place to put this little find. New Berserk Deluxe Edition vol 1 for £26.58! £10 cheaper than anywhere else!
Berserk Deluxe Volume 1

.....aaaaaaaaaaaand I've shifted mine too from Amazon to speedyhen too. Never ordered from em before but damn! what a price! Thanks Jon. You've just saved me money on another release too. Since Berserk was so cheap I decided to check out what the price on the upcoming translated version of the Legendary Ninja Cats/Samurai Pizza Cats official fan book was. Turns out that's around £14 cheaper on Speedyhen as well! BONUS! Thanks bud.

Oh just FYI for anyone interested. Amazon and Comixology have finally started selling the series in digital format for the UK.

Great option for those with an ereader and no space.
Just had a look and they are individual volumes rather than the Deluxe, but in digital format. They currently cost £8.99 per volume at full price on Comixology, so I'll wait for a bit till they get a bit of a discount. First volume is £5.57 on Kindle.

For example I've just brought the next 2 Vinland Saga books for £14.98 which is actually the equivalent of 4 volumes!

Also I notice Tokyo Ghoul is free on Manga Plus, so I'm set for manga to read for a while.

Last edited:
Just had a look and they are individual volumes rather than the Deluxe, but in digital format. They currently cost £8.99 per volume at full price on Comixology, so I'll wait for a bit till they get a bit of a discount. First volume is £5.57 on Kindle.

While it's true that it isn't the deluxe edition, that doesn't really matter since you are saving money buying three volumes digitally (£26.97) at a price comparable to the deluxe edition at it's cheapest. You also get the benefit that (based on your reader) the pages will also be bigger.

Finally it's worth mentioning that if you buy the kindle versions (which is generally cheaper) you get the comixology version for free as well.

EDIT: Berserk Deluxe volume 3 has been listed on Amazon now with a release date of November which is sooner than I expected. Keep an eye on Speedyhen for more deals I guess.

Link: www.amazon.co.uk/Berserk-Deluxe-3-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1506712002/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1553630471&sr=8-4&keywords=berserk

Last edited:
Finally it's worth mentioning that if you buy the kindle version (which is cheaper) you get the comixology version for free as well.
Didn't know that. I knew they were both Amazon. I'll have to remember that, as the other volumes were cheaper, but not as much as the first one (like pence rather than pounds in most cases).
The Vinland books were more expensive on Kindle than Comixology though and at the moment better value per volume than Berserk. Hopefully by the time I've done with that series the rest of Berserk might have followed the first volume in having a bigger reduction.

Didn't know that. I knew they were both Amazon. I'll have to remember that, as the other volumes were cheaper, but not as much as the first one (like pence rather than pounds in most cases).
The Vinland books were more expensive on Kindle than Comixology though and at the moment better value per volume than Berserk. Hopefully by the time I've done with that series the rest of Berserk might have followed the first volume in having a bigger reduction.

Fair enough, also if you like this is true for all books that cross over. If you link your amazon account to your comixology account then you get all your compatible kindle purchases for free in comixology (great for manga I find) :)

The 28th has come and gone, in theory we should start seeing books being delivered. Does Speedyhen send dispatch notices anyone know? Or is this going to be a blind delivery?

Back