Berserk films licensed by Kaze

anime_andrew

Anime Limited Representative
Industry Representative
Beating everyone to the punch - yes we've licensed the Berserk film series and yes I have plans for theatrical. I think you can take an educated guess as to where my planned UK premiere is - but that will be confirmed in summer.

Press release will fill this space in due course too this week :).

Very best,

Andrew Partridge,
KAZE

As i said on twitter, Sir, this made my day. Will look forward to the press release too, hopefully with a release not to far off the USs, and with Blu-Ray in tow.

kaze_andrew said:
I think you can take an educated guess as to where my planned UK premiere is - but that will be confirmed in summer.
Can't be an event named around a certain member of the United Kingdom having certain feelings towards anime can it? I better have to keep a closer eye on "Wales Are Somewhat Neutral Towards Anime" then =3.

Arbalest said:
As i said on twitter, Sir, this made my day. Will look forward to the press release too, hopefully with a release not to far off the USs, and with Blu-Ray in tow.

Yes, I'm planning to try to sync as close to the US one as possible - cannot confirm dates yet but Blu-Ray is on the cards.

Andrew

Good to hear, I like swift announcements. Might have to pop up north to a certain anime event if I have funds/time this year.

R

Due to being a fairly young grasshopper, I haven't had much of a chance to check out the Berserk franchise, but looking into it...I'm getting interested. Will have to check it out.

Kaze Acquire Berserk Film Trilogy for UK

Kaze UK announced on <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/KazeUK/status/189665701986967552">Twitter</a> and the <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=15705">news forum</a> that they have licensed the Berserk movie for UK distribution with ambitious plans to give it a theatrical premiere.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNZNCd62XLc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HNZNCd62XLc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<strong>Synopsis</strong>

<em>The saga follows Guts a strong mercenary with a huge sword and little direction in life. All of that changes after he meets Griffith, leader of a group of mercenaries named Band of the Hawk. Guts decides to throw his lot in with them and finds himself developing a deep relationship with Griffith but also finds that Casca, a commander in the Band of the Hawk, is jealous that Griffith returns his feelings. The two find themselves swept along in Griffith’s rise to power.</em>

The films form a trilogy of movies adapted from Kentarō Miura’s original manga and have been animated by Studio 4°C. They have been directed by Toshiyuki Kubooka who has worked as animation director on notable titles like Gankutsuou, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, and the Working Through Pain Segment of Batman:Gotham Knight. Electronic artist Hirasawa Susumu (Paprika, Paranoia Agent) who created the distinctive music for the original TV anime adaptation created the main theme “Aria” for the movie while Shiro Sagisu is handling the rest of the soundtrack. The first of the films was theatrically released in February in Japan with the second instalment opening in June.

<strong>Staff:</strong> Kentarō Miura (Original Creator), Toshiyuki Kubooka (Director), Yusuke Yamada (Art Director), Susumu Hirasawa (Theme Song), Shiro Sagisu (Music)

<strong>Voice Actors:</strong> Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts), Toa Yukinari (Casca), Takahiro Sakurai (Griffith),

<strong>Studio:</strong> Studio 4C

Rui said:
Genkina Hito said:
Please delete this thread, mods...

I merged it instead rebelliously!

R

oh_you.jpg

kaze_andrew said:
and yes I have plans for theatrical
Interesting, very interesting. I am glad to hear this, as I feel like I can be fully exciting about the possible significance of the news now.

Rui said:
Good to hear, I like swift announcements. Might have to pop up north to a certain anime event if I have funds/time this year.

R
Just need maes to make his way here and we can all take over the cinema.

I weren't surprised this was picked up!

Most definitely will be one to check out when it hits the Home Release wish I could be in Scotland but I probably can't make it, the new Nephew's being Christened on that weekend!

Back