Beez UK Anime Legends

The Beez blog has a post about this up now, for anyone interested.

They also give a preview of non-final versions of the packages:

animelegendswolf.jpg

animelegendsseed1.jpg

I think there is supposed to be an image of the spines too but it's not showing up or they forgot to include it.

Expect quite an assortment of titles to come just now and we're currently chasing down a few surprises for the range that you wouldn't expect so watch this space!

:eek:

Damn, they kept the 'brushed metal' finish band across the top. If there's one thing I hate* it's printed material that tries to look 3D. When will people learn it just looks really crap? At least they used a better font than the US releases.

*though actually, there are many, many things I hate - not about this packaging, just in general.

Hmm... might get that SEED/SEED Destiny legends set.

EDIT:

Aion said:
Even our resident black guy agrees with this, and he has **** taste.

This coming from a guy who thinks both Code Geass and Death Note are 10/10 material and are in his top five?
awesome-1.png

Hopefuly Outlaw Star and the verious Gundam incanations from the Toonami days that never made it over here...

Digimon Tamers uncut would be awesome though...

ANIME_LEGENDS_SEEDWOLF_SPINES.jpg

I will defiantly be picking Anime Legend releases of Wolf Rain, Gundam Seed and Eureka Seven. But the covers just seem a bit cheap and poor, I would rather they use more actual artwork showing the character off like the original artwork covers:

5210625x.jpg

51707SM1WVL._SS500_.jpg

Think people need to realize unless it already been released in the UK it won't be likely to be on the UK Anime Legend line, as a straight to Anime Legend release would never be able to make the money back in the UK for BEEZ.

Theirs still plenty of great titles which can join anime legend line like: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Witch Hunter Robin, Planetes, My - HiME, etc.

For a full list of current BEEZ titles check here:
http://www.beez-ent.com/catalog.php?&lng=en

Dave said:
Think people need to realize unless it already been released in the UK it won't be likely to be on the UK Anime Legend line, as a straight to Anime Legend release would never be able to make the money back in the UK for BEEZ.
Andrew said:
Expect quite an assortment of titles to come just now and we're currently chasing down a few surprises for the range that you wouldn't expect so watch this space!
I wouldn't be so hasty as to presume anything just yet Dave, especially with talk like that from Andrew...

It's probably just the poor picture quality, but something about those Legends boxes make me think early DVD cases from like 2000 odd... That '7' logo (whoever that is) looks like its from the 70's and all, if I didn't know better, seeing a logo like that would immediately make me think it is some REALLY old cartoon that was shown at rediculously early o'clock on terrestrial TV...

I have to admit, the Wolf's Rain one doesn't really cut it - there's some incredible artwork for that series, and to use whats on the proposed cover would just be a wasted opportunity.

Also, I don't think that the entire back catalogue of Beez can be considered "Legend" status - they have released some excellent stuff, but I can't really see something like Planetes being Legend-ised. I'm sure that they will be releasing things that have only previously been seen in the US. They haven't confirmed anything, but its been mentioned (as quoted by Ayase above, and in a few interviews/Beez blog posts).

Andrew did mention somewhere that Witch Hunter Robin may see a release but PlanetES doesn't look so likely. Shame I thought it was one of the better series to surface over here.

megagold5 said:
It's probably just the poor picture quality, but something about those Legends boxes make me think early DVD cases from like 2000 odd... That '7' logo (whoever that is) looks like its from the 70's and all, if I didn't know better, seeing a logo like that would immediately make me think it is some REALLY old cartoon that was shown at rediculously early o'clock on terrestrial TV...

I think the 5 and 7 on the spines are not logos but just the number of discs.

I actually quite like the Wolfs Rain design, to me it has a bit of a classier feel not just using character shots.

I wonder if the surprises may possibly included some license saves/resurrections or some shows that have had budget releases in the US but are not from companies Beez normally deal with.

ayase said:
Dave said:
Andrew said:
I wouldn't be so hasty as to presume anything just yet Dave, especially with talk like that from Andrew...

Looking at all the cost involved it would be impossible for BEEZ to release a 24-26 episode series directly into Anime Legend format and keep £24.99 price tag. The only new titles I could image would be Movies/short OVA's or maybe at a very long shot a 13 episode box set.

Plus think about it, Anime Legends is a re-release format so why market a new title directly in this format when it never been released here before. When BEEZ are more about high quality product why release directly into cheaper format when you can release into more high quality version first then into cheaper release later on.

Re-release a series into box set form cost very little to do, so a Anime Legend release of Planetes would be very likely. Just look at MVM as an example releasing Saiyuki Reload & Gravitation into box set form when neither where big sellers. It will be likely to see a quite a few of the old BEEZ titles to become anime legend box sets.

Dracos said:
megagold5 said:

I think the 5 and 7 on the spines are not logos but just the number of discs.

I knew somebody would think I meant that, but no, I meant the odd 7 logo on the front of the cases (as can be seen on the Beez blog). :p

Back