BEEZ: Hopeful Revealing 2 New Licenses in the Near Future!

Project-2501 said:
Just Passing Through said:
It's the same imitable techniques paranoia that gets headbutts cut from Attack of the Clones and The Matrix.

It dropped Attack of the clones from a 12 to a PG and the matrix from 18 to 15 and was done at the request of the distributors in both counts Lower rating = more viewers = more money. And the matrix is now uncut and rated 15 and has some additional footage of mouse which was supposedly never in the original film release.
Another set of inconsistancies! It's like the BBFC have no clue how to do anything and are only there to hover up money and be a pain in the ****.

Reaper gI said:
memorium said:
the original manga of Bleach is rated Teen, which if i recall is 13+, so a 12 cert from the BBFC for the anime version, sits about right in my opinion, a 15 is pushing it a bit
By Viz, not Sueisha. I've not known Japanese tankoubon to carry age ratings.
Only magazine I know that has an age rating given by publisher (i.e. not R-18 ) is Dengeki Hime's 18+ and that's an eroge review mag.
i was indeed talking about Viz's ratings, eroge mags carrying such a thing is a no brainer really, we have similair things for mags over here :p

memorium said:
i was indeed talking about Viz's ratings, eroge mags carrying such a thing is a no brainer really, we have similair things for mags over here :p
G's and Megami don't have them, it is only Hime.
If PC gamer didn't come with the DVD it wouldn't still give itself the 18 rating.

Shounen Ace is also, shockingly enough, a shounen compilation at heart. They even moved stuff like Eva and MPD Psycho to different magazines, and started publishing a seinen offshoot (Young Ace, where Eva runs now).
Shounen Ace's average readership is 20.5, Young Ace is 28. I'm perfectly aware it used to have way too much seinen in it, like Dengeki Daioh (how the f' is that shounen). It's still got a much older audience than Jump tho'.

Doesn't matter who reads it, that's more a byproduct of how the series turn out that run in it. It's a shounen mag, designed for the shounen demographic, hence them changing things around. Look at a historical average reader age and I'm sure you'd get a better picture. Also, for the sake of one key press, could you please spell "though" correctly.

vashdaman said:
...at the end of the day when I have kids would I want them to wake up and watch saturday morning cartoons filled with graphic sex, violence and swearing? Of course not and surely not many people would. Sex and swearing may be normal human behavior but that doesn't mean kids have to have it bombarded at them when they want to watch cartoons and aren't really ready to understand such things, and to be honest I think we are bombarded with sex and violence enough as it is, let alone having it in daytime cartoons as well.
Jayme said:
I don't mind swearing, I'm for it in fact, but I certainly don't want swearing on my Fairly OddParents, thank you very much.
I think you guys are missing the point a little. I think your kids would have just as much a right to watch wholesome family programming as mine would (should I ever feel cruel enough to bring anyone into this world) to watch whatever the hell they like, after I've already taught them about all the horrendous evils of the world aged about four (forewarned is forearmed, innocence is ignorance and all that). I just don't think anyone else has the right to make that decision as to what people can see. For children not possessed of the knowledge to make their own decisions, parents have that right. For adults, no-one should have that right.

Obscenity laws being revoked wouldn't lead to everything being full of "objectionable" material; those who didn't like that sort of thing would carry on making entertainment for people of a similar mindset.

Back